Poll: Best S series guitar
Poll Options
View poll results: Best S series guitar
S420
2 22%
S570B
8 89%
Voters: 9.
hi guys deciding on the guitar to buy and am going to go with the s series finaly but i cant decide on with the s420 or the s570b. i prefer the s570 as it has the extra pickup and fretboard markings but just wondering are the pickups better on the s570b ?

what do you guys think ?
The pickups on the S570B aren't better (both use Infinity pups), but the S570B is pretty much better in every other way. If you are able to get the S570B, go for it.
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Quote by GWADanny
hi guys deciding on the guitar to buy and am going to go with the s series finaly but i cant decide on with the s420 or the s570b. i prefer the s570 as it has the extra pickup and fretboard markings but just wondering are the pickups better on the s570b ?

what do you guys think ?

I think you answered your own question
Exact same pickups on both, except for that middle pickup.
Go with whichever one you'd play most.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
I have the 470, which looks like the 570s predecessor?
It's great! The pickups are a bit lifeless, I'm about to upgrade them with Seymour Duncan SH-2 SH-4, but struggling for what to put in the middle! Does anyone have any advice on that? (sorry to hijack the thread)
The S570 is the direct successor of the S470. They decided to get rid of the 3xx line of Ibanez stuff so everything got bumped up a number. Therefore an older 4xx is way better than a newer one.

And Ibanez pups always suck unless you get prestige which come with DiMarzios stock.
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
If they are made the same year, the functional (neck, body, trem) side will be the same. Basically comes down to whether you want/need the middle pickup and preference on finish/color. With the $150 price difference, you could buy the s420 and get a set of good pickups.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
^ +1

I haven't tried those particular models, but normally Ibanez models in the same type of range are very similar to each other in terms of build quality and the only differences are wood type or pickups. If you have a preference for one over the other, get it, in other words. But also bear in mind that if you're really stretching to afford the dearer one, as DarthV correctly says, you could get the cheaper one and upgrade the pickups for around the same price, which might be the better plan (unless you really need the middle pickup).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?