How do I make a slide that doesn't sound out the frets. I want it to sound like a slide on a fretless bass. Except on a guitar track. It needs to sound like this "\" not "¯-_". knowwhatimsayin?

Also, I've been trying to add other instruments to the song, but I can only tab it out through guitar. Is it possible to select a track to be a trumpet or keyboard, however have it tabbed out on a standard 6-string guitar tab?

Thirdly, Is there a way to shift notes one octave higher? Because I'm already reaching the 22nd string on the high e, and I need to go one octave higher. There is a octave pedal, but it won't shift up. It only adds in a 2nd note that is one octave lower. I just want one note to ring, not two. And it to be a higher octave.

Fourthly, Why is percussion so limited? No hand claps? Tuxguitar seemed to have a much wider range for percussion. And it was easier to implement with numbers. Rather than clicking on random lines in the score and hoping it's the instrument you want.
Last edited by marcelaguiar at Aug 7, 2013,
Quote by marcelaguiar
How do I make a slide that doesn't sound out the frets. I want it to sound like a slide on a fretless bass. Except on a guitar track. It needs to sound like this "\" not "¯-_". knowwhatimsayin?

I agree that the slides typically don't sound good but there's no feature that makes them better. When it's just for effect, what I like to do is, rather than just sliding from 5-17 and back, putting in other frets with quick duration:

Ghost notes (O) or using something like pp to not make it as loud. It looks messy but sounds much smoother than the default.

Quote by marcelaguiar

Also, I've been trying to add other instruments to the song, but I can only tab it out through guitar. Is it possible to select a track to be a trumpet or keyboard, however have it tabbed out on a standard 6-string guitar tab?

I do this the same way. You can't change the icon in the tab, but you can select the soundbank to whatever you like by clicking the Guitar icon near the upper left. I tab everything from violins to piano using the 6string tabbing method because I don't know sheet music notes, plus it's convenient if people want to play a violin solo on guitar.

Quote by marcelaguiar

Thirdly, Is there a way to shift notes one octave higher? Because I'm already reaching the 22nd string on the high e, and I need to go one octave higher. There is a octave pedal, but it won't shift up. It only adds in a 2nd note that is one octave lower. I just want one note to ring, not two. And it to be a higher octave.

Tools->Transpose. Select +12 semitones. You can't go higher than theoretically 36th fret though (if so, you'd need to add pre-bends)

Quote by marcelaguiar
Fourthly, Why is percussion so limited? No hand claps? Tuxguitar seemed to have a much wider range for percussion. And it was easier to implement with numbers. Rather than clicking on random lines in the score and hoping it's the instrument you want.

You'll need extra tracks if you want to use this, there's quite a bit of custom percussion but most of them need to be on extra tracks. (Hand clap is under Drums and Percussions -> Idiophone Percussion when you select a new track)
BTW you should try using View->Fretboard/Keyboard/Drums if you're having trouble finding what you need.
Last edited by fanapathy at Aug 8, 2013,
As for the second question, when I click the guitar icon, I can't get it to because a guitar tab. For example, if I have a violin track, and I click on the guitar icon, It just brings me to the violin's headstock and shows me the tuning. The notation is only in violin tab and music score.
Quote by marcelaguiar
As for the second question, when I click the guitar icon, I can't get it to because a guitar tab. For example, if I have a violin track, and I click on the guitar icon, It just brings me to the violin's headstock and shows me the tuning. The notation is only in violin tab and music score.

Oh, I see. What I do is add/tab all tracks as Electric Guitar (Clean) with the default settings, then change the sounds later. Because you can choose Violin/Viola/Ensemble and such (under "Soundbanks", expand if needed), or whatever else you need - it will sound exactly the same as if you chose violin in the menu. Then you can tab like if it's on your guitar in your own tuning. A violinist will read the sheet music anyway if they were somehow using your tab, so it doesn't make a difference. Not exactly sure why they made it like this.

Tip when using soundbanks is to add effects to it, it's the button below the guitar icon. Many of the instruments sound not good at all by default, but if you add something like guitar presets (things with reverb and such) to them - they might sound quite nice, especially if you experiment with the virtual amps. I like to use a preset called "Nothing else but arpeggios" which is intended for clean guitar but it's great for synth and some sorts of strings.
Last edited by fanapathy at Aug 8, 2013,