There are so many pick ups available I feel like a child in a candy shop haha. I want a pair (neck + bridge pick up) and I want to focus on versatility! I want to get crystal clear cleans yet still be able to pull some brutal over driven tones. Obliviously I'll have to compromise if I want something that can do everything but that's fine.

-My guitar has a thick mahogany body with a maple neck with a ebony fret board.

Thanks
Last edited by Count Duckula at Aug 7, 2013,
amp?
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Heh, you should probably modify your thread title. I thought we were talking about guitar picks (plectrum) vs pups (pickups) You might get a better response that way.

Carl
Quote by HayabusaJack
Heh, you should probably modify your thread title. I thought we were talking about guitar picks (plectrum) vs pups (pickups) You might get a better response that way.

Carl

Yeah. I was already preparing the typical "use the pick that fits you" answer as I was entering the thread...

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Quote by HayabusaJack

Carl

Oh haha, I type pretty fast and make typos quite regularly.
Looks like you might have to get a Mod to change the actual title. Or just create a new thread. Just a suggestion of course

(Picks I can talk about, pickups not so much )

Edit: Oh! It worked, or a Mod fixed it.

Carl
Fender Telecaster and HSS Stratocaster - Epiphone Les Paul 1960 Tribute Plus
Ibanez GSR200
Fender Princeton Reverb - Fender Rumble 75
Morley Bad Horsey Wah - Boss BD-2 | CS-3 | DS-1 | MT-2 | ODB-3
Peavey PV14 - IPR 3000 - PR15
do you mainly use your neck pickup for cleans and your bridge pickup for brootalz cookie monster stuff?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Your amp is?
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Have a look at wizard pickups. Small company but awesome pickups, wide enough choice (but not too much to confuse) and not expensive. Contact the company and they'll give you good advice. I wouldn't swap my wizards for anything....
What amp are you using, what guitar are they going into, what bands have a sound you'd like to get close to?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X