I'm just gonna ramble 'em off. How many presets per bank? Can I have multiple effects per preset (like, volume+EQ)? How many banks? Do I need a separate footswitch to use the volume boost? Can I scroll through the banks with any of the footswitches?
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
I haven't used the M9/M13 in a long time, so I really can't answer your questions very well - I do know the M13 only has 48 "scenes," though.

However - If you haven't considered it... the POD HD series has the same effects as the M series does, plus amp modeling and the ability to connect it to your PC via USB and use it at as recording interface. It's not as user-friendly as the M series is, but it has a lot more options, considering it has all the expression pedals built in, plus it can run more effects at once (it also has 256 presets).
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Depending on the other answers I get, I may start a "Help plan my fx loop" thread. I'll do suggestions there. But yes, I know of the upper end POD stuff.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Last edited by Maidenheadsteve at Aug 7, 2013,
The M9 has 6 scenes with 6 effects available per scene (three at a time). When you go into the scene mode, each of the 6 fx buttons access a scene. In each scene, you have 6 effects. So, looking at the 6 buttons, it might look like

Chorus Compressor Reverb #1
Fuzz Delay Reverb #2

In this case, if your fuzz is on, clicking on the button chorus is assigned to will also turn off the fuzz. Clicking on the chorus button again will click off the chorus. This is just an example, you can have all the effects in a scene be delays, or whatever combination of effects you want.

Does this make sense? It's stupid easy to use, just sit down with one and you'll figure it out quickly.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
So: Up to 3 scenes at one time, 6 scenes total, 6 effects per scene? With each footswitch controlling ALL effects on that scene?

In a sense, it's all one giant bank, right?
Quote by Maidenheadsteve
So: Up to 3 scenes at one time, 6 scenes total, 6 effects per scene? With each footswitch controlling ALL effects on that scene?

In a sense, it's all one giant bank, right?

No.

1 scene at a time, 6 scenes total, 6 effects available per scene (but only 3 effects total can be on at one time).
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
And essentially it's all on one bank? Like, you cant' do what you said multiple times?
Quote by Maidenheadsteve
And essentially it's all on one bank? Like, you cant' do what you said multiple times?

I guess I'm not following what you're trying to say. Let's try it this way, what are you wanting to do with an M9? What do you want to use it for, how many effects do you need, etc? Here is the manual for it.

http://line6.com/data/6/0a060b316ac34f0593fca717b/application/pdf/M9%20Advanced%20Guide%20-%20English%20(%20Rev%20A%20).pdf

And like I said, just get into a shop and get your hands on one, you'll seriously have it figure out in under 5 minutes.
Can I save more than 6 scenes is what I'm asking.
Quote by Maidenheadsteve
Can I save more than 6 scenes is what I'm asking.

Gotcha. I just double checked, and you can have different scene folders so the total available scenes are 24.
Can you switch through these folders using any of the footswitches? Not that this entirely matters, but I feel like it would/could be important.
Cycling through the scene folders isn't super intuitive. Need to bend down and fiddle with a few knobs to get there. Unless you're using the M9 for your entire live sound though, I'd imagine 6 scenes would be more than enough to get through a gig/jam.
Ok. One last thing about the volume pedal setting: can I set it to increase the volume in the manner of a clean boost pedal? And do I actually need a separate Expression pedal to change any sort of volume setting?

That was the problem I had with the RP500 I tried out today; you can only set the volume expression to the level you'd have if the pedal was off (doesn't really increase the volume unless you tweak your amp level a bit too).
Last edited by Maidenheadsteve at Aug 8, 2013,