So I'm considering a switch from E Standard to Drop C tuning on my Schecter Damien Elite 6. The string gauge is 10-46. Would I need to do heavier strings and a truss rod adjustment? Or should the neck be fine? (I just don't want any bowing. Thanks in advance.)
Your C string is going to be a bit floppy. If you need some truss rod adjustment, it might not be too much.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Heavier strings definitely wouldn't be a bad idea.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
For comparison's sake, my Dean Cadillac- a 24.75" guitar- is tuned to Robert Fripp's New Standard Tuning:

CGDAEG: 052, 042-044, 030-034, 016, 011, 009
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I advise you learn how to set up your guitar yourself.

If you get strings such that the string tension remains almost the same, you shouldn't need to mess with the truss rod, just set the intonation right (if needed) and you're good to go. Get some 12s or 13s.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Thanks for the advice everyone. I'm not thinking I'll do it. But I'd like to know what would need done so I can make the best choice. I appreciate your help,