Not sure if this is the correct place to post this. So I've been playing for a while, but I haven't used pretty much any effects until recently, when I bought a line 6 m9. This being said, dialing in effects the way that I want is pretty hard for me to learn. Is there some tutorial that would be helpful for me to learn more about how to work delays? Alternatively how would I achieve this delay sound:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkJ06vKMc4M

0:49

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7FfhV_eCRQ

the verse
Quote by MDoggDX316
To quote Granddad, "I think ALL marriage should be illegal."

[quote="'-[NiL"]-'] I asked him what tuning he put it in and he replied, "seventh."

Seventh.
On the second one, I just looked up some other dude playing it to hear the guitar better. Sounds like a quick slap back at the most. keep the delay and feedback short. The level \ just depends on how much you want the delay to be present. In general on both it sort of sounds like there's some reverb in there too. Just guessing.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Last edited by Maidenheadsteve at Aug 7, 2013,
Tap tempo is your friend. It took me until very recently to actually bother to use it, and I feel like an idiot now.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
If you're just screwin' around, set the delay first and play off that. After doing that a few times you'll get the hang of the controls and a feel for how/if you wanna use it. And tap tempo
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20