Can someone explain them? I'm not sure I understood what I read at the site, when trying to decifer the year of my Les Paul. 01144292 is the number I think its a 94 model.
If you go here....

http://www.guitardaterproject.org/gibson.aspx

....you can put your serial number in & it'll tell you what day it was made.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Awesome worked well I was off a decade it is actually a 04 not a 94, which sucks but its good to know. Thanks
I used to just play those on the 6th string and that would be my guitar's official riff. Usually doesn't sound good though...
You were just meant to be temporary while I waited for gold.
^wat.
Quote by kangaxxter
Tone is in the fingers.

What you really need is a new amp.

(Anything I missed?)

Quote by Robbgnarly
I have been hearing about MG amps lately. I have heard good about them, but only a few times have they been talked about here.

Quote by randomguy2000
^wat.

That was my initial reaction, but I think he means if the serial number is 01144292 as in the OP, he'd play this:

E|-0-1-1-4-4-2-9-2----

I think it's a Metallica song
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by Fastiticalon
Can someone explain them? I'm not sure I understood what I read at the site, when trying to decifer the year of my Les Paul. 01144292 is the number I think its a 94 model.

the first and fifth digit of your serial are the last two of the year.

so a '04.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Plus, they changed the numbering scheme for '94 for the 100th anniversary. A 94 would start with 94 instead of starting with a 9 and having a 4 as the fifth digit.

Non-94s have digits 2-4 indicating the day of the year it was made and the last three indicate the guitar's position in that day's run. As far as I know, a 94 just starts with 94, and the last 6 don't tell you anything and were likely just sequential. Some of the serial number plug-in sites don't have the 94 anomaly added so it tells you the guitar was made in the wrong year or doesn't exist.

So your guitar was made on April 23, 2004 (it was a Friday!) and was the 292nd guitar made that day.
Quote by GaryBillington
That was my initial reaction, but I think he means if the serial number is 01144292 as in the OP, he'd play this:

E|-0-1-1-4-4-2-9-2----

I think it's a Metallica song

oh.
Quote by kangaxxter
Tone is in the fingers.

What you really need is a new amp.

(Anything I missed?)

Quote by Robbgnarly
I have been hearing about MG amps lately. I have heard good about them, but only a few times have they been talked about here.