Politicians in Colorado are given "Invisible" license plates.

http://benswann.com/politicians-given-invisible-license-plates-that-make-them-immune-to-traffic-laws/

Although politicians are “public servants,” they often think they are above the law.

And in Colorado, they actually are above the law.

Colorado lawmakers do not have to follow traffic laws, as they are exempt from speeding and parking tickets. The legislators are issued special license plates that are “invisible” to both traffic cams and traffic tickets. Their specially-issued plates do not show up in the DMV database.

As reported by CBS Denver, “The plates issued to the 100 state lawmakers and representatives elected to serve Colorado are preventing them not only from receiving photo radar tickets but also collection notices from past due parking tickets.

The legislative plates are not entered into the Colorado DMV database, so when photo radar cameras catch these drivers speeding, they never received tickets. That’s because of a loophole that doesn’t allow the City of Denver to electronically cross-reference those plates with a home address.”

Sounds about right.

Thoughts?
"Pain or damage don't end the world nor despair, nor fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you have more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
It's the same way in D.C. I think they're exempt from speeding laws whenever congress is in session.
We're all alright!
I should be exempt from speeding everyday I work.
"Pain or damage don't end the world nor despair, nor fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you have more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
No man you could like hurt a cow. Politicians save lives.
We're all alright!
lol @ politics
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
that's bullshit
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
guess i need to become a politician so i can speed

oh wait i never get caught anyway
I would totally pay cash money to be exempt from small traffic laws.

Park where I want, speed around, etc.
Quote by CoreysMonster
So we're extending diplomatic immunity to all politicians now?

Was just watching this movie yesterday.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Evidently nothing. They tend to drive under the influence all the time, with all these lobbyists around.

Badum-tisch! Yay for unfunny political humour! I should write for those newspaper comics.

Now if only you could draw...

No seriously, I'd read your cartoons. Why can't you draw, Ben?!
If I were Coloradian I'd try to find out how those number plates work. Can't be impossible to fit those on your own wheels. Just some kind of coating probably. And since they're not-invisible to regular eyes, I doubt cops would notice too easily.
Quote by Gorelord666

Was just watching this movie yesterday.

What is it? Looks hilarious.
I am surprised this is actually legislation, but it's not like they would get into trouble otherwise. If a high ranking politician gets a ticket, he or she could easily pull some strings to get out of it. I would be surprised if politicians ever paid parking tickets and the like.

No penalty for DUI is ****ed up though.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by frankv

Encino Man

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Quote by Rossenrot
What we need is more government. That would solve the problem.

Not sure if serious...or exaggerating...You are Rossenrot, after all...

OT:
So, why exactly did the citizens of Colorado vote these scumbags into office?
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
OT:
So, why exactly did the citizens of Colorado vote these scumbags into office?

They've been caught up with enjoying Amendment 64.

Quote by due 07

I make music sometimes.
If anything, politicians should have rights taken away so that you know only people who want to govern well will run.
Also, term limits for congress.
Quote by macashmack
If anything, politicians should have rights taken away so that you know only people who want to govern well will run.
Also, term limits for congress.

Politicians should get paid according to the current state of the economy. I can see those fools fixing their shit up pretty quickly that way.
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
Quote by frankv
If I were Coloradian I'd try to find out how those number plates work. Can't be impossible to fit those on your own wheels. Just some kind of coating probably. And since they're not-invisible to regular eyes, I doubt cops would notice too easily.

Unless you're willing to hack into the dmv's database, you're not going to get those plates.
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Last edited by Cianyx at Aug 8, 2013,
unsurprising.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
What a shit article. From the CBS source it links to, before everyone gets their panties in a bunch or starts talking about "invisible coating"

The legislative plates are not entered into the Colorado DMV database, so when photo radar cameras catch these drivers speeding, they never received tickets. That’s because of a loophole that doesn’t allow the City of Denver to electronically cross-reference those plates with a home address.

“Because the Department of Public Works relies on the DMV Database to contact people with unpaid parking tickets we are not able to contact legislators with unpaid parking tickets,” explained Denver Public Works spokesperson Emily Williams.

Williams agrees the net effect is that lawmakers can ignore the parking tickets without consequences.

“That’s true,” Williams said, “And it’s the glitch in the system”.

Williams says a result of the CBS4 Investigation, Denver has identified 16 legislative plates that have racked up a total of $2,100 in fines and penalties that were never paid.

“We recognize the problem with the system,” said Williams.

Several state lawmakers contacted CBS4 after the initial story about photo radar tickets aired last month and said they were in favor of abolishing the special license plates.

There doesn't appear to be any conspiracy here, just a flawed system.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Jostry
Politicians should get paid according to the current state of the economy. I can see those fools fixing their shit up pretty quickly that way.

Ya, that sounds like a great idea. That way when the economy is bad anyone with the brains to earn more in the private sector will leave and pay will be too low to attract anyone else. The economy will fix up plenty good then
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
ya but wee got wed so fuk u hahahah 402 all day balze

:weed: :swag:
PM me for newts
Politicians not getting in trouble for breaking laws? Damn, that's the newest shit 2013 is a wacky year
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA