........u.....u...d....u...d...u...d...u...u...d....u...d...u
E----------------------------------------------------------------------
B----10---------------------------------------------------------------
G---------13--12--13--12--10--12--10------10------------------
D---------------------------------------------13------13--12--10---
A-----------------------------------------------------------------------
E-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I can play it all fast except for the last bit when switching from the D to G string, I sort of get caught up. Any suggestions?
Last edited by kevinwb at Aug 8, 2013,
If you insist on playing it with this fingering i would start with a downstroke and use strict alternate picking with one exception: d,u,d,u,d,u,d,pulloff,u,d,u,d,u.
practise the bit you get caught up on on its own, and break the bit you're struggling with down to the smallest bit that's worth practising (moving between the two strings, say). obviously that's captain obvious to the rescue, but it's the sensible thing to do. if you can play the first half of the lick fine, spending more time practising it won't really be the best use of your time.

of course, once you can play the second half on its own, you'll have to practise it together with the first half of the lick as, in my experience anyway, playing something difficult in isolation doesn't necessarily mean you can play it in the middle of a whole piece of music

EDIT: ^ good catch, yeah the picking is kinda weird. I dunno how i'd do it, i normally just do it in the easiest/laziest possible way with a mix of picking and legato legatoing the note before the string change probably is one way of making it slightly easier, good call.

\/ LOL
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Aug 8, 2013,
You tune your guitar in a very fascinating way I must say...
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
Quote by Facecut
If you insist on playing it with this fingering i would start with a downstroke and use strict alternate picking with one exception: d,u,d,u,d,u,d,pulloff,u,d,u,d,u.

Listen to this guy. The picking pattern you have is weird. You will have much more success using alternative picking, especially at higher speeds. That two string sweep will be sloppy otherwise.
What gives me wood:

Gibson Les Paul Custom
Ibanez S5470F
Ibanez RGD2127fx
Schecter Hellraiser C-7 FR
Axe FX II
Mackie HD1221
It's not that weird actually, it's generic economy picking, but I wouldn't recommend it unless someone is already proficient at basic pickings and really stable when it comes to timing, rhythm and articulation.
Quote by kevinwb
........u.....u...d....u...d...u...d...u...u...d....u...d...u
E----------------------------------------------------------------------
B----10---------------------------------------------------------------
D---------13--12--13--12--10--12--10------10------------------
G---------------------------------------------13------13--12--10---
A-----------------------------------------------------------------------
E-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I can play it all fast except for the last bit when switching from the D to G string, I sort of get caught up. Any suggestions?

Watch your picking hand closely. Making sure you are not making unnecessary moves with your pick.

Quote by Facecut
It's not that weird actually, it's generic economy picking

There are 2 up strokes on the same string, followed by inside alternate picking. That's not economy picking...

Last edited by wiggedy at Aug 8, 2013,
Quote by wiggedy
Watch your picking hand closely. Making sure you are not making unnecessary moves with your pick.

There are 2 up strokes on the same string, followed by inside alternate picking. That's not economy picking...

No, you got confused by the mismatched grid of stroke indications and notes in the tab. You will have to count.
Last edited by Facecut at Aug 8, 2013,
Quote by Facecut
No, you got confused by the mismatched grid of stroke indications and notes in the tab. You will have to count.

so it is.
Thanks for the responses everyone. I will try out the pattern suggested.
Quote by Facecut
It's not that weird actually, it's generic economy picking,

touché

i think i got confused by the not quite lined up tab and picking instructions

that's my story anyway and i'm sticking to it
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?