It's a Jackson Kelly with a korina body, maple fretboard, 3x3 headstock, DiMarzio Super Distortion bridge/ Evolution neck pickups, gold hardware and a tobacco burst finish (although I'd prefer a different trans finish, but Jackson Guitar Builder is limited on that).

Does something like that exist outside the custom shop? If so, how much?

Maybe this thread could be used by others with similar situations?
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Just gonna guess and say no.

The Kelly is already a niche shape as it is. And I'd be honestly surprised if a Kelly with a 3+3 headstock was ever mass produced. A non sig Jackson would never have DiMarzios, let alone a non "stock" combo.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Aug 8, 2013,
I can put the DiMarzios in afterwards. What about a quilt maple or some form of trans finish Kelly body and a Jackson with a 3+3 maple fretboard neck? I could buy both guitars and switch necks, still cheaper than a custom guitar.

This whole thing is still in the "dream guitar" category anyways.
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
kelly necks aren't bolt-on so buying 2 guitars and swapping necks is out of the question if you want it like the way you show
Might be cheaper to mail those specs to Warmoth. They *will* build custom bodies, and they'll paint 'em, too. The Jackson logo can be done with a simple waterslide decal.

This is a similar guitar in some respects that was built so that I could test various pickup combinations. It's a mahogany body with a maple burl top and a very dark brown "burst" that barely allows the burl to show through. The neck is a Warmoth Jackson neck. The logo is a waterslide decal.

Last edited by dspellman at Aug 8, 2013,
And while you're contemplating how you're going to do this, check out the Carvin V220. They've been making this guitar for a while (you've seen Craig Chaquico with one in the "We Built This City" video). I've got a white one (solid maple) from the late '80's with a Kahler and MOP block inlays. And this one is a recent reissue in flamed koa with what they call "sunsetburst" edges. Scale is 25" (not 25.5") and 24 frets, neck-through construction and a smooth neck-body transition. You can order up in the wood of your choice (I don't know if they have Korina, but you can ask) and with pretty much the finish of your choice. Maple fretboard is no problem, and you can select a whole raft of other options. I've seen these ordered with a "reversed" body (more like the one you have in your "builder") as well.

You can order it with a number of different headstocks, by the way, including one that's very close to what you have shown.
Last edited by dspellman at Aug 8, 2013,
Quote by jjfeu662

beautiful.

but interesting pick up and bridge placement.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Looks like a scalloped fretboard, too. I think that if you want one, then you're going to have to go with a Jackson Custom Shop model, with its attendant high price and long wait. Of course, you'll have one hell of a guitar if you do.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Its essentially a modified Explorer- I'd be surprised if there isn't someone else making something like it. The trick is finding it...

If nothing else, I know some American luthiers who would do it for @$2000 or so.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by Offworld92
Just gonna guess and say no.

The Kelly is already a niche shape as it is. And I'd be honestly surprised if a Kelly with a 3+3 headstock was ever mass produced. A non sig Jackson would never have DiMarzios, let alone a non "stock" combo.

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?