Poll: Grand Theft Auto V or Saints Row IV?
Poll Options
View poll results: Grand Theft Auto V or Saints Row IV?
Grand Theft Auto V
53 84%
Saints Row IV
10 16%
Voters: 63.
Page 1 of 2
Which one are you going to get? I can't really decide. I mean, GTA is always good, and V looks amazing, but Saints Row looks cool because of all the weird stuff you can do in it. Decisions, decisions.
Last edited by Skodward714 at Aug 8, 2013,
GTA first. Easy choice for me.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Super Metroid
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
What's up with all the versus threads these days?

GTAV FTW.
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
GTAV

I got the first Saint's Row and i didn't really enjoy it. Apparently the other two are good, but i'm just not really sold.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by jjfeu662
What's up with all the versus threads these days?

Personally, I think it's fun to see what people will choose. Is it going to be A or B? I guess people feel the same way as me.
Quote by donender
GTAV

I got the first Saint's Row and i didn't really enjoy it. Apparently the other two are good, but i'm just not really sold.

Saints Row The Third is absolutely fantastic.

Better than GTAIV
Saints Row The Third was waaaay better than GTAIV

But GTAV looks pretty fantastic. Saints Row IV will be good though
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by Trowzaa
Saints Row The Third is absolutely fantastic.

Better than GTAIV

it's kinda crap and has god awful music.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
The GTA series series is grossly overrated. That being said, I've only ever played SR 2 (great game) and GTA IV (only good for multiplayer). I think part of the reason I don't like GTA IV is because it doesn't have a main menu, so I have to look at the stupid slideshow every fucking time I get on to play it.
nah GTA IV was just one of the most dull games ever made. III-San Andreas were so much better. can't comment on the PSP stuff
Quote by Skullivan
The GTA series series is grossly overrated. That being said, I've only ever played SR 2 (great game) and GTA IV (only good for multiplayer). I think part of the reason I don't like GTA IV is because it doesn't have a main menu, so I have to look at the stupid slideshow every fucking time I get on to play it.

So you've only played the worst game in the series? You should play any GTA game before IV
Quote by Skullivan

GTA IV is a really bad introduction to the GTA series. Rockstar's approach to making the games grew more "serious" with each release since GTA III, and I like that approach. If people want super whacky crazyness, that's what the Saint's Row series is for.
That said, GTA IV took itself way too seriously. It had a lot of care and work put into it and had a nice narrative, but it was lacking on the zany side and didn't exactly live up to the GTA title.

OT: I pick GTA V. It's three protagonist approach seems really cool and the return to Los Santos is great, especially now that it's really beefed in stuff to do and places to go. GTA IV's Liberty City was a sort of reaction to the massive world of GTA SA, but it swung to hard the other way. The new Los Santos seems to be a nice compromise.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Saint's Row
Already preordered it. I enjoy the shenanigans.
GTA V does look like it will be pretty good and I may end up getting that as well.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Saints Row IV, easily. The GTA series is way overrated. Only one I actually liked was IV.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
I don't think anyone who was 10+ about the time Grand Theft Auto III came out would pick Saints Row. Shit I was like 11 when GTAIII came out on PS2 and I remember my older cousins playing and I had never seen anything like it before in a video game (of course I was only 11).
GTA is a staple and is the ultimate boredom game, so that
My God, it's full of stars!
GTA5 because Red Dead Redemption was amazing.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Lol not even a question Saints BLOW will never be bought by me garbage game GTA 4 li3f

edt nd f u voted GAYnts BLOW ur a kunt lul go to hell fgt
Last edited by FearMyLightning at Aug 8, 2013,
GTAIV was so meh

Saints Row 1, 2 and 3 were so fantastic

Looking forward to Saints Row 4. Not so much GTA V
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
"Which one..."?

Why can't a person get both?
I'm going with GTA though, I have 0 interest in Saints Row.
So how am I supposed to take anything you say seriously,
when you've swapped free will for faith, hope and pre-destiny?
GTA V

I've been playing GTA IV multiplayer every day for four and a half years. Also loved Vice City. I've tried a couple of the Saints Row games. They seem like imitations of GTA Vice City but with features that appeal to teenagers turned up to the max.
GTA V

reserved the shit out of it and im counting the days so I can be a useless piece of shit and sit around all day playing it
pinga
I love GTA, but IV was too serious. I mean, III, Vice City, and San Andreas had a BIT of humor in them, but IV was nothing but bowling and shooting.

Not saying SRIV is better, but it's still ridiculous, which is most of the reason I play it and not GTA.
Minecraft: Sonic
League of Legends: CinoSRelliK

Currently Playing/listening to/Reading:

Kerbal Space Program,
Binding of Isaac
Opeth - Orchid
S. by Doug Dorst
The Martian by Andy Weir
They aren't even comparable. Like I don't know why anyone would want to choose between. I wouldn't play either though. I've played enough gta:sa with cheats on to not want to play a game that made a franchise out of that. Another gta game doesn't sound enticing either
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
GTA
I think 5 will be average compared to the rest though.
It looks really childish and arcadey.
IV was the best because it was more realistic and believable and the driving was epic.
Seems heaps of people didn't like IV for those reasons though and Rockstar have changed it to suit those casual gamers.
Quote by mybanez
GTA
I think 5 will be the best compared to the rest though.
It looks really groundbreaking and spectacular
IV was the OKest because it was more realistic and believable and the driving was OK once you installed realistic handling on PC.
Seems heaps of people will like V for those reasons though and Rockstar have changed it to suit those real gamers and GTA fans

FTFY
Quote by FearMyLightning
FTFY

God I hope your right about V but that gameplay video looks really arcadey.
Quote by mybanez
GTA
I think 5 will be average compared to the rest though.
It looks really childish and arcadey.
IV was the best because it was more realistic and believable and the driving was epic.
Seems heaps of people didn't like IV for those reasons though and Rockstar have changed it to suit those casual gamers.

The driving in IV was some of the worst driving physics in video games history. It made no goddamn sense
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by WCPhils
The driving in IV was some of the worst driving physics in video games history. It made no goddamn sense

how so?
In the older ones you could pretty much take and corner full rip and make it around without issue.
In IV you had to use the brake occasionally.
Quote by WCPhils

Yeah seriously, the AI controlling the other cars was even worse
Quote by mybanez
how so?
In the older ones you could pretty much take and corner full rip and make it around without issue.
In IV you had to use the brake occasionally.

because they controlled like boats and were all floaty

not saying the old ones weren't bad too, but IV was really bad compared to other games this generation
___

Quote by The_Blode
Page 1 of 2