Do you think domestic abuse where the man is the victim is taken seriously ?

Page 1 of 3
I don't think people take it as serious as when women is the victim of domestic abuse, like a couple of weeks ago when that chef Nigella Lawson was being coked by her husband in a restaurant, it was all over the news, as it should have, but you never hear in the news of a man being the victim. But it has to happen, I just think that men are less likely to speak up about it over fears of being called a wimp or something ?

So pit, whats your thought, also if you saw domestic abuse in public like what happened to Nigella Lawson, would you step in and stop it ?
Is it taken seriously by the right people? No.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by Acϵ♠
Is it taken seriously by the right people? No.

Quote by TooktheAtrain
No, it isn't, at least by the criminal justice system.

By MRAs all over reddit? Yes, overmuch.

these two.

although i don't know what MRA stands for.
Not really.

Quote by Trowzaa
although i don't know what MRA stands for.

Only look it up when you know you definitely won't need your hands for at least the next couple of hours, as your palms will become attached to your face for an extended period of time.
Last edited by captainsnazz at Aug 8, 2013,
woman cuts man's dick off because he's divorcing her
"he probably deserved it"
"he probably abused her first"
"lololol penis"
"good for her for standing up to him"
¯\_()_/¯
Until a panel of men on a TV show can chuckle about a woman getting her tits cut off and thrown in the garbage disposal by her husband, the answer remains 'no'.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by CaptainCanti
"lololol penis"

Are you talking about that guy from the 90's who's wife cut his dick off and threw it in the woods or something ? I can't remember his name.
Quote by captainsnazz
Not really.

Only look it up when you know you definitely won't need your hands for at least the next couple of hours, as your palms will become attached to your face for an extended period of time.

Men's Rights Activists I'm gonna guess.
Lol
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by lemmyisgod97
Are you talking about that guy from the 90's who's wife cut his dick off and threw it in the woods or something ? I can't remember his name.

no the other one that was more recent
it was like a year ago
¯\_()_/¯
What if rhianna hit Chris brown first? She better check her privilege as a black woman.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by StewieSwan
Until a panel of men on a TV show can chuckle about a woman getting her tits cut off and thrown in the garbage disposal by her husband, the answer remains 'no'.

/thread
¯\_()_/¯
Quote by snipelfritz
What if rhianna hit Chris brown first? She better check her privilege as a black woman.

Feminists would be saying "you go girl".
Quote by lemmyisgod97

I think the woman's name was lorenna bobbit or something.

It is somewhat perverse that you can commit grevious bodily harm and get on david letterman for it, I guess. And that probably does indicate a derisive and ugly attitude to the abuse of men.

Its reasons are bound up in gender roles. There is something apparently ridiculous about a man who is abused by a woman, but this is because men are expected to be superior and even intimidating. The flipside to this is that women should be afraid of their men- too afraid to even contemplate violence against them. The man is punished and derided for being a pushover, being weak. The pretense to female empowerment is merely a chance to jeer at a man robbed of his manhood, both symbolically and literally in that instance.
Quote by Trowzaa
Feminists would be saying "you go girl".

Did you hear about that actress Emma Roberts, she got arrested after punching and biting her boyfriend like two weeks ago, but she doesn't get the Chris Brown treatment.
Quote by lemmyisgod97
Did you hear about that actress Emma Roberts, she got arrested after punching and biting her boyfriend like two weeks ago, but she doesn't get the Chris Brown treatment.

but fo realz, she'd get it.
Quote by lemmyisgod97
Really, she's not even hot ?

(Invalid img)

Yeah, if you purposely pick the worst picture you could find. She's adorable.

Besides, I grew up watching her on telly. It was a terrible program but still.
Yeah, and she's gonna be twice as adorable when she cuts off your dick while you sleep, anyway, it wouldn't be great going to bed with the one in the pic you posted, but then waking up with the one I posted.
Quote by CaptainCanti
"lololol penis"

lol you're back

Quote by StewieSwan

So much this^^^

The double standard is ridiculous.
Uncle aciD

&

The deadbeatS

Do What Your Love Tells You
Men are seen as the more dominant and physically powerful gender. Use that power against a weaker person (ie a woman) and you're an ass, because women are "supposed" to be protected by men. A female abusing a man runs counter to that idea, and is seen as a joke or the man is ridiculed for "not being a man." Same idea with sexual assault against males.

Patriarchy sucks.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Probably not as seriously as it should be taken in a lot of cases, unfortunately.
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by StewieSwan

___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by Trowzaa
Yeah, if you purposely pick the worst picture you could find. She's adorable.

Besides, I grew up watching her on telly. It was a terrible program but still.

I would love her to bite me.
no

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
No, I don't think it is taken as seriously, and I think that is just plain stupid. Violence against anyone, man or woman, should be taken seriously. It is unacceptable.

And it does happen, too. In fact, this was just on my Facebook news feed today and It blew my mind. I give you my screen shot of proof:

And before you ask, yes that is real and yes I deleted her. That last comment really shows how differently people take woman on man violence. I don't get people.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Quote by CaptainCanti
"lololol penis"

John Wayne Bobbitt got a movie deal out of that.

i'd say he came out on top.

(i was gonna try and think of a pun, but i'm drawing a blank)
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Yeah it's pretty ****ed up, and yet if you hit her back, you'll get into deep shit and she's the innocent one.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
I feel like the default male reaction is "lol" which is pretty messed up
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by TooktheAtrain
No, it isn't, at least by the criminal justice system.

By MRAs all over reddit? Yes, overmuch.

I find this kind of funny, as those dudes overreact as if to compensate for the lack of equality in the justice system pertaining to male spousal abuse. Perhaps over compensate.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It definitely happens, but I think most men who are physically or emotionally abused don't really want that sort of stigma attached to them of being a sissy (not my thoughts, just a general bias).

However, that's not to say women don't get charged (like the girl piss frizbee noted). I will say that in older couples, that if the woman is abusing the man there is often something done about it because the male is usually under watch by nurses, but any male under the age of 65 probably won't get a fair assessment by authorities. Really just making up things as I go along, but it's all stuff I've seen or heard about.

I do mean abuse to the extent of emotional degradation/trauma, where the male has tried to take his life. In a few cases around here, that has happened. But that's really just my word and you have no reason to believe it.

Don't cut off a man's penis, unless you're a waitress looking for tips. (Shamelessly adapted from Ron Jeremy's joke)
I think courts should be forcibly gender-blind for maybe about a year. That'd be interesting.
Quote by macashmack
I would love her to bite me.

THIS SO HARD
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
I'd love for her to blow me.

...see, it's funny because she was in Blow and I would also very much enjoy some fellatio from her.
Page 1 of 3