Page 1 of 3
It's like, the "Day in Mistress_Ibanez's Life" simulator at least didn't require you to spend 10 hours reading boring details that you clearly don't care about.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
It's like, the "Day in Mistress_Ibanez's Life" simulator at least didn't require you to spend 10 hours reading boring details that you clearly don't care about.

lel upset
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Lol what a pussy.

Waaaa my life is shit, waaaaa waaa im so scared of everything.

How'd he even get a girlfriend being the whiny bitch that he is.

Get depression like the single 4chan browsing friend zoned gore viewing radio shack associate you're stereotype beings too like a real man.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Nelshizzle
How'd he even get a girlfriend being the whiny bitch that he is.
She probably felt sorry for him and wanted to defend him from the world, which in turn caused her to see his good qualities beneath his depression. That said, can't we just kick him until he stops being a wuss?
You are also dealing with motivation issues that sometimes makes dealing with these things difficult. You feel like this is probably your fault, and on bad days can feel inwardly angry and down on yourself for being "lazy", but you're not quite sure how you can break out of it, or how other people deal with these feelings and seem so very functional.
know that feel bro
I died- bad end.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
I imagine depression to be akin to post-ejaculatory aversion to all things sex. But replace that aversion to sex to sadness and aversion to the world, along with some self-loathing.

I actually think that the male sexual refractory period is a good way of getting people to imagine what it's like to not be in control of how you feel.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by theogonia777

Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
I got to a point where it didn't let me do what I wanted to do so I left ( I would just start talking to the other people there at the party that my girlfriend made me go to to start playing a game or w.e.).
Quote by rockingamer2
I imagine depression to be akin to post-ejaculatory aversion to all things sex. But replace that aversion to sex to sadness and aversion to the world, along with some self-loathing.

I actually think that the male sexual refractory period is a good way of getting people to imagine what it's like to not be in control of how you feel.

As great as pseudo-philosophizing about what depression feels like, you're not really on base here.

It's more like you're sad and closed-up emotionally all the time, and you don't do the things that used to make you happy. You know you're in a huge emotional funk and self-loathing can be involved (although it wasn't in my case). I had a case of minor depression myself, so I'm sure it's much more poignant for people with major depression -- especially those who are suicidal.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
As great as pseudo-philosophizing about what depression feels like, you're not really on base here.

It's more like you're sad and closed-up emotionally all the time, and you don't do the things that used to make you happy. You know you're in a huge emotional funk and self-loathing can be involved (although it wasn't in my case). I had a case of minor depression myself, so I'm sure it's much more poignant for people with major depression -- especially those who are suicidal.

Yeah, I acknowledge that I really can't really know what I'm talking bout. But to me, the closest thing to being in a mental state that you can't control that I can think of is the sexual refractory period.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by rockingamer2
Yeah, I acknowledge that I really can't really know what I'm talking bout. But to me, the closest thing to being in a mental state that you can't control that I can think of is the sexual refractory period.

Fair enough.
Got depressed while trying to focus reading all of that.

Quote by theogonia777

I think this is the one you want:
Click
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
This game has so many lulz

Well fuck you, mom.

Well they certainly give you quite a few options.

I finished w/o taking the meds so I felt pretty good. I went through a pretty depressive phase in 8th grade that led to truancy and being immensely antisocial and hostile, so I had an idea of what steps were good/bad to take. I mean, I got a cat AND a therapist. What more could someone ask for?
who needs a simulator?

life sucks.

don't trust the happy, the happy are insane.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Trying to listen to Skid Row and there's no goddamn mute button on that site.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Was pretty much "read through a common scenario while the screen tells you that you're depressed."
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Reading all that text was depressing.

I just started to only read the last lines and chose an option. It seems I am severely depressed.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
This is skating far too close to my own life for comfort.

Way too many times it was closer to "what did you do when almost the exact same thing happened to you?" than "What would you do?"
Last edited by iwannabesedated at Aug 9, 2013,
That was a pretty accurate explanation of what depression was like for me.

I'm so glad I'm out of it. Sometimes I think I was very close to suicide. I wish more people would understand depression.
Honestly the stupidest thing I ever read. I can hardly believe that person went through the trouble to make it.
Listen. I'm sorry.
Quote by iwannabesedated
This is skating far too close to my own life for comfort.

Way too many times it was closer to "what did you do when almost the exact same thing happened to you?" than "What would you do?"

Yeah.

Bad feels all around.
Quote by theogonia777

Fuck off.
Don't mind him mistress.

Seems like i was correct about depression all along.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by macashmack
I got to a point where it didn't let me do what I wanted to do so I left ( I would just start talking to the other people there at the party that my girlfriend made me go to to start playing a game or w.e.).

I think you might have missed the point entirely.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
I think you might have missed the point entirely.

yeah because depressed people can't do that.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
yeah because depressed people can't do that.

the point is that depressed people have a completely different mindset to you.

To say "oh well the depression simulator didn't let me do what I want" misses the point in that it might not occur to a depressed person to do that, or the thought of doing that might be so unbearable as to not make it an option.

But yeah, the guy should have just stopped being depressed and spoken to some people to forget about all his issues.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
the point is that depressed people have a completely different mindset to you.

To say "oh well the depression simulator didn't let me do what I want" misses the point in that it might not occur to a depressed person to do that, or the thought of doing that might be so unbearable as to not make it an option.

But yeah, the guy should have just stopped being depressed and spoken to some people to forget about all his issues.

Unless "some people" are a psychiatrist I would not recommend it.

And what "issues"? There are no issues apart from his mindset/state of mind. I'd certainly not recommend lying on bed all day as a nice stategy for someone to deal with it.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
Unless "some people" are a psychiatrist I would not recommend it.

And what "issues"? There are no issues apart from his mindset/state of mind. I'd certainly not recommend lying on bed all day as a nice stategy for someone to deal with it.

Exactly, the issues are symptoms of depression. Saying "he should just go speak to people at the party or play a game" (like the guy was initially suggesting) ignores the fact that he's in a different mindset completely. It's like telling someone with lung cancer to stop coughing.

Quote by element4433
Quote by Lemoninfluence
Exactly, the issues are symptoms of depression. Saying "he should just go speak to people at the party or play a game" (like the guy was initially suggesting) ignores the fact that he's in a different mindset completely. It's like telling someone with lung cancer to stop coughing.

I don't know man. They seem like a better idea than the actual options. The guy might even enjoy it.

I do see what you mean, but it just seems sooooo stupid. Can't make carreer plans; don't feel like it. I don't think staying in your room is a much better prospect for life.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
I don't know man. They seem like a better idea than the actual options. The guy might even enjoy it.

I do see what you mean, but it just seems sooooo stupid. Can't make carreer plans; don't feel like it. I don't think staying in your room is a much better prospect for life.

But if you are depressed you don't want to leave your room. It stops being a choice and becomes, as Lemon said, a symptom.

You can't just snap out of it.
Page 1 of 3