Hey guys. Before I start, I WAS gonna put this in a different sub-forum but it seems relevent to 'record'.

Basically, I've been covering songs and creating instrumentals, just to get used to the DAW I'm using. I've noticed that in a few of Killswitch Engage's songs, whenever there is a clean passage, there is sort of a 'reversed' effect that goes along with the clean guitar. It's hard to explain but heres a video to show what I mean...

KsE - My Curse (at 2:28)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPW9AbRMwFU

So, how is it done?? I've looked online but nowhere tells me how to recreate it. My apologies if it's a noobish question with a simple answer haha!
Main Rig
ESP LTD MH-350NT
Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey
Peavey 6505+ 112 w/ 2x12 (Celestion Vintage 30 and WGS Veteran 30)
[Effects Loop] Boss GE-7 > Boss CE-5 > TC Electronic Flashback
One way to do it is to do swells by playing a chord with the guitar volume all the way down, then slowly turn it up and suddenly cut it off again. However the reverb is cutting out at the end of the swell to, so a volume (expression) pedal after a reverb pedal would do that as well.

Or you could automate it in your DAW by increasing the volume of the guitar track playing the chords (lots of reverb needed) and suddenly decreasing it at the end.

I hope this helps, if not let me know and I'll explain some more.

Also, Killswitch is awesome. I noticed you have a Joyo OD pedal in your sig. How do you like it? I love mine, but I wish I could get a bigger volume boost from it.
Quote by WCPhils
According to that chart, women like men with a Pringle canister down there.
Michael Kelly Patriot Glory
Ibanez RG8
Blackstar HT 20 w/ Jet City cab
whole bunch o' pedals
That makes sense ill give it a shot!

The joyo OD is great! I use it to tighten up my peavey Because it can get a little flubby at lower volumes. I don't really use it to volume boost it so I have no criticism best £30 I have ever spent haha!
Main Rig
ESP LTD MH-350NT
Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey
Peavey 6505+ 112 w/ 2x12 (Celestion Vintage 30 and WGS Veteran 30)
[Effects Loop] Boss GE-7 > Boss CE-5 > TC Electronic Flashback