Which trem does the 20th anniversary RG have on it, and is it (the bridge) any good?
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Last edited by Maidenheadsteve at Aug 8, 2013,
Are you talking about the RG550XX?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
http://www.guitarcenter.com/In-Store-Used-USED-IBANEZ-RG-20TH-ANNIVERSAY-MIJ-BLK-042613-108975688-i3108944.gc This is what I'm looking at.

I assume it's an RG550XX based on the price tag
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Well; the RG550 20th Anniversary model (MIJ) came with an Ibanez Edge tremolo, but IIRC they made them only in "Desert Sun Yellow" and "Road Flare Red." That one does not look like "Road Flare Red" to me.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
If that is an RG550XX, the pickguard has been swapped.

The trem is supposed to be an original Edge, and it's supposed to be black. In that pictures it's really hard to tell if it's black or black nickel.

At that price point I really would not bother taking the chance. Why do you want one anyway? It has the old block style heel. RG1550s can be had for cheaper, just gotta keep an eye out for one.

EDIT ^ They came in black w/ rosewood fretboard too.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
If that is an RG550XX, the pickguard has been swapped.

The trem is supposed to be an original Edge, and it's supposed to be black. In that pictures it's really hard to tell if it's black or black nickel.

At that price point I really would not bother taking the chance. Why do you want one anyway? It has the old block style heel. RG1550s can be had for cheaper, just gotta keep an eye out for one.

EDIT ^ They came in black w/ rosewood fretboard too.

I need a black hsh (routed) guitar with a good locking trem and pickguard for under $650. This guitar is just that which is why I'd want one. What do you mean by block styled heel?
And yes, the pickguard was swapped after the original owner removed the middle pup.
You described the RG1570 exactly, and they can be very cheap. Here's a couple:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/In-Store-Used-USED-IBANEZ-RG1570-ELECTRIC-GUITAR-BLACK-108516541-i2894203.gc

http://www.guitarcenter.com/In-Store-Used-USED-IBANEZ-PRESTIEGE-1550-BLACK-NC-108964617-i3098127.gc (this is says 1550, but it looks like a 1570. The only difference is pickguard/no pickguard, regardless).

This is the heel of an RG550:

As opposed to any modern Ibanez with the AANJ:

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Maidenheadsteve
I need a black hsh (routed) guitar with a good locking trem and pickguard for under $650. This guitar is just that which is why I'd want one. What do you mean by block styled heel?
And yes, the pickguard was swapped after the original owner removed the middle pup.

Uggg to pickguards!

Actually what you've described is a rg2550 or rg1550. And you can find them used for your budget, but you may have to be patient in finding one. I paid $440, including the prestige case, for a chipped up 2550e in the fall. The stock IBZ pickups are actually not bad.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
Firstly I say Nay to Darthv's "Uggg".

And my old guitar had the same type of block heel and I never had playability issues with it. So thanks, I guess.

I'll just email the GC dude I talked to earlier about the bridge; I honestly wanted to make sure it wasn't the cheaper models you'd find on the RG350's