My old one broke, so I've gotta get a new one. I play an Ibanez RG7321 with a Fender Frontman 65 amp. Shitty amp I know, I'm saving up for a good tube amp but until then I need a distortion pedal. Obviously since I'm saving for a new amp I don't want it to be TOO expensive but I also want it to be good quality. I'm looking for a Tool-esque tone if that helps.

My local Guitar Center has a Digitech HardWire series distortion on sale for $50 (originally $100). Does anyone know if those are any good?
Q is for Cheese
Yes, the Hardwire Metal Distortion is one of, if not the best dirt pedal for metal in the price range. I would definitely jump on that, it's a good deal. When you sell it later, you'll probably be able to break even. I was going to suggest a used one, but if they're on sale for that cheap, win-win.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
The metal one or the regular distortion? Both are good. If you need something to get you by for the time being, they will be fine. I used to run the metal one into a Vox AD50VT for years and was happy with it.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"