Got this in yesterday (Thursday) and have dicked around with it a bunch. It's that little Slash sig combo that came out at Winter NAMM this year. Found it on sale for about $160 less than I would have paid at GC and decided to grab one to leave at my mom's house. It's a little bigger than I would have hoped, but it sounds great and I don't regret it in the slightest.

First, features. It's got a 5W single ended EL34 power section that has a switch to lower the output to 1W. Two channel, with shared EQ/presence controls. The clean channel has its own volume control, while the gain channel has its own gain and volume controls. Master reverb section with a simple level control. Front panel switches for clean/dirt and the reverb. Also includes a two button footswitch that defeats the front panel switches. Speaker is a V30, which sounds surprisingly good with this amp, though I still might swap it for one of my spare Creambacks. Has both a 16Ω and 8Ω output.

The dirt channel is killer, and sounds massive for a 5W amp. I believe it's based on the #34 channel of the AFD100. Healthy amounts of low end, and the speaker is enclosed in its own portion of the cab, so no projection is lost out the back. A little bright, like most Marshalls. Need to run the treble down around 3 or 4 to keep it from getting piercing, but it sounds great in that range. Tons of mids and presence, which make it a great recording amp, IMO. Only real complaint is you can hear the low end mush out a bit due to lack of headroom, but that's to be expected from a low wattage amp I guess. Can't be perfect. The 1W setting is basically useless to me on this channel for that reason. 5W is already pushing it for me.

The clean channel is a bit of a letdown though. The settings it needs to sound good are fairly different from what sounds good on the OD channel. Needs more bass and less treble. It's a bit ice picky when the OD channel is set up how I like it. Some dudes might low it though. I've just been spoiled by amps with phenomenal clean channels (Bogner 100B, Cameron CCV, CEC Brigand mostly). Breaks up really nicely with the clean channel cranked, and it actually sounds better in the 1W setting for some reason. Seems to roll off the highs a bit.

I do wish it had an effects loop as well, though it's not a deal breaker. The built in reverb is good enough for most situations, and it's not like I'll be gigging it. All in all, it's a sick little bedroom amp and destroys pretty much every other low wattage amp I've tried, especially those awful little Blackstars. It's no Bogner, CCV or SLO, but cost me a hell of a lot less than those and is probably more useful for most.

Here's a quick clip I did earlier at low volume (around 10 o clock on the master with the output set to 5W) of the only GNR solo I know.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8021347/SL5.mp3

E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Looks and sounds great, but is too pricey (for me) for what it is (a bedroom amp).

HNAD

Makes me think of the endorsement thread in EG.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Its no MG
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Quote by cdr_salamander

What effects does it have?

Jealousy.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
HNAD!
That sounded great.
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Jealousy.

Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
how is it for early VH and Crue?

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Cool amp dude. So these are like $700? I'm a big fan of the other Slash Sigs (2550/2555 Silver Jubes), diodes or not. I'm starting to not care about any of that shit. My Vypyr 60 has caused me to open my eyes (ears) a bit more and not worry about what is going on inside. I still hate on the Blackstar marketing though. That's different.

Maybe it shows that Marshall can still put out a decent product and that is all I really care about - as I generally respect the company. Maybe if it didn't have Slash's name on it - it would be in that sweet spot for bedroom amp recommendations at least around here.

HNAD

Quote by gregs1020
how is it for early VH and Crue?

Pfff. Who cares about that Can it do Ratt?
Matt always takes great photos. Looks and sounds like a cool little combo.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
excellent

killer clip too

Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Jealousy.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by R45VT
Matt always takes great photos. Looks and sounds like a cool little combo.

Yep, and he can play too! I always enjoy listening to his sound clips.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
I went to the Plano GC earlier today and they didn't have any on the floor

It's cool though, your demo is pretty convincing.

Quote by R45VT
Matt always takes great photos.

dat DSLR
HNAD!

Theses are killer amps. I just used one in the studio about a month back. It blends very well with the 5150 iii and JCA50H btw... (haha)
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H