hey guys, so question here, I recently started a band with a singer (wanted to start one with a drummer but I couldn't ******* find one) after we officially agreed to start it, I had band name suggestions I threw out there asking if he liked any, he responded by saying we should just worry about writing songs first, now I could be wrong here and please tell me if I am. but I feel like we should name the band first, it kind of bugs me that we don't have a band name after we started one, it doesn't feel like we really started one, especially since im going to be posting adds looking for another guitar player, bass, and drums. I feel like it would sound more professional having a band name rather than..... hey dudes, come try out for our band broseff. we don't have a ******* clue what were are really doing. am I wrong?
Band name is important, but it'll become critical once you start booking shows. When you first start out, having songs, I believe, is more important. It'll establish the sound that you create so you can step back and ask yourself which name reflects best your music.
Quote by Tag43
Band name is important, but it'll become critical once you start booking shows. When you first start out, having songs, I believe, is more important. It'll establish the sound that you create so you can step back and ask yourself which name reflects best your music.

Yeah, but how are you going to advertise your band's shows without a bandname?

EDIT: My bad. I have read it wrong.
Quote by ChemicalFire
You get my first ever lolstack

The image in my head is just too funny for words at this point

Aw yeah.
Last edited by TheNameOfNoone at Aug 9, 2013,
Well you need songs before you start booking shows, so I agree with Tag. You should write the music, name your band, then book the shows.
i named my band dick longflop and the nuthuggers, we don't play .-.
i suggest naming yours "Scrugglitones"
Quote by LuckyBoys91
+ ****ing 1

i've got a point

Quote by Pr0gNut
No,they're to high end for me.I usually just walk into a random building and scream "FIX MY BANJO NOW!!!!" until they hit me with sticks and call the police.

TSHM.
Till you're ready to start playing shows, don't worry about it.

Obviously if an awesome idea comes up, then adopt it as your name, but you don't really need a name until you start marketing yourselves.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
well I already know the direction I want to go with the music and I have a ton of stuff written, so I sort of know which names would fit, I threw out some suggestions. just wasn't sure If I was crazy or not