Hi UG,

I have a Bugera 6262 (yeah, i know they are reputed to be crap, but still) that keeps blowing the main fuse.

After investigation and tests, i noticed a few things.

- If I remove ALL the power tubes from the amp, the fuse stay alive, even if i switch the standy switch on or off.

- If I try with only 2 power tubes (only have 3 at the moment, so i can't try with 4), the amp can stay powered with absolute no problem, but as soon as i set the standby off, the fuse is blowing immediatly.

I'm a student and I don't really have money to waste, so i rather be almost sure of what I need to buy.

Any advices or hypothesia ? Thanks in advance.

Edited the title.
Last edited by Pierrinator at Aug 9, 2013,
Quote by Pierrinator
Hi UG,

I have a Bugera 6262 (yeah, i know they are reputed to be crap, but still) that keeps blowing the main fuse.

After investigation and tests, i noticed a few things.

- If I remove ALL the power tubes from the amp, the fuse stay alive, even if i switch the standy switch on or off.

- If I try with only 2 power tubes (only have 3 at the moment, so i can't try with 4), the amp can stay powered with absolute no problem, but as soon as i set the standby off, the fuse is blowing immediatly.

I'm a student and I don't really have money to waste, so i rather be almost sure of what I need to buy.

Any advices or hypothesia ? Thanks in advance.

Did you buy it new or used? What type of tubes do you have? Have you checked the switch on the back to match your tubes 6l6 or EL34's? Need more info.

Have you contacted Bugera about it?
I've bought it new, i have 6L6 tubes. The switch is on 6L6. i have not contacted Bugera yet because i can't send it now and i think it's just a issue with the tubes..
Quote by Pierrinator
I've bought it new, i have 6L6 tubes. The switch is on 6L6. i have not contacted Bugera yet because i can't send it now and i think it's just a issue with the tubes..

Since you bought it brand new you can contact them and they will probably send you out some new tubes. Good luck with getting her up and running.
Yeah, how long ago did you buy it? Tubes have a different warranty to the actual amp warranty. But sounds like PT failure.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
I bought it almost 2 years ago. I bought 4 PT that i can send back if the problem stay here. Thanks for you help, will update the thread as soon as i have the tubes.
Ok, new problem guys : with some old tubes i found, as soon as i turn the standby switch on, the amps start crackling even with volume at 0 and the PT become ULTRA SUPER BRIGHT, i have to turn the switch off again so they won't explode.

EDIT : It does that with every PT i find.
Last edited by Pierrinator at Aug 9, 2013,
Quote by Pierrinator
Ok, new problem guys : with some old tubes i found, as soon as i turn the standby switch on, the amps start crackling even with volume at 0 and the PT become ULTRA SUPER BRIGHT, i have to turn the switch off again so they won't explode.

First you need to get some known good tubes, as the old ones you've found could be bad.

Take all the tubes out of the amp, replace the fuse and turn on both switches. If the fuse blows then you probably have a shorted filter cap or a blown power transformer.

If the light stays on when you take all the tubes out, shut the amp down and install the rectifier tube (if it has one), then the power tubes, then the preamp tubes one by one turning the amp on every time you install a new tube. When the fuse blows, you've found the bad tube. Sometimes the fuse will blow if you simply flip both switches on at the same time. Which you should never do.. Let the tubes warm up about 30 seconds before you turn on the second switch.

If you find that the fuse blows after replacing one of the power tubes, and still blows when you install a known good power tube, you could possibly have a blown output transformer.
Quote by Pierrinator

If the old tubes went bad they may have killed part of the power section. If you get new tubes and they still "red plate" you have internal amp damage and need to take it in for repair.

Good luck.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Last edited by R45VT at Aug 10, 2013,
A little update : i removed the amp from his combo case to see what's really happening.

So, when there is a power tube plugged in, as soon as the standby switch is on off, it's starts glowing like hell and that's what's causing the fuse to blow. It makes crazy pops and noises too.

When there is no PT plugged in the amp, the amp can stay powered with or without standby mode as long as i want without any problem.
Sounds like a bad tube. Put a good one in there and if it's still doing it, there's a component inside the amp that is bad.
It could also be a problem with the voltage, I am guessing this since the fuse keeps going out.
"I would happily pay you on Tuesday for a hamburger today"

-Poldo (the guy with both hands in his pockets!)
New info : if i plug 2 PT on the 2 farther slots, they don't become too bright and it's actually playable without blowing fuse, but still horrible cracklings and bad sound. the 2 first slots makes the tube going insane almost immediatly.
Just replace the damn PT's, it's obviously what's causing the issue.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by R45VT
If the old tubes went bad they may have killed part of the power section. If you get new tubes and they still "red plate" you have internal amp damage and need to take it in for repair.

Good luck.

Again I repeat.... If the problem happens with 1 or 2 sockets your power section has been damaged...
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
That's what i think too, but everyone else's saying me to replace the PT

I'm kind of forced to change the PT anyway as i bought the amp on the internet (Thomann) and they say that the tubes doesn't enter warrantly so i'll have to pay for the shipping and time used to check my amp if the amp itself is not faulty. And as it is a double UPS international shipping and a 30kg+ amp, it will cost more than power tubes. And power tubes are never lost.
Quote by Pierrinator
That's what i think too, but everyone else's saying me to replace the PT

I'm kind of forced to change the PT anyway as i bought the amp on the internet (Thomann) and they say that the tubes doesn't enter warrantly so i'll have to pay for the shipping and time used to check my amp if the amp itself is not faulty. And as it is a double UPS international shipping and a 30kg+ amp, it will cost more than power tubes. And power tubes are never lost.

Buy the tubes and put them in. If they red plate turn it off and take it in for warranty.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Same problem with new tubes. The amp is going back.
Last edited by Pierrinator at Aug 13, 2013,
Quote by Pierrinator
Same problem with new tubes. The amp it's going back.

Bummer to hear. Sorry man. It happens sometimes when a power tube dies.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Wow, what a nice grammar fail. Edited.

I hope the Thomann customer service will be kind and good.