Quote by Cavalcade
Be patient, 8 hours isn't that long in Original Recordings.
The guitar's decent, I suppose. There's not much special about it. It's way too loud and screechy towards the end, but that might just be the crappy recording.

Well I'm new here, so didn't know

Do you think band could ever make it big?
Any band can make it big. It's a question of how bad you want it. Do you want it bad enough to:
*Spend countless hours writing songs, and improving as a songwriter?
*Pay for a producer that'll find the best parts of your sound and bring them out?
*Change your sound to appeal to more people?
*Practice your asses off?
*Invest thousands of hours and dollars alike in promotion?
And the most important question of all:
*How lucky are you feeling?
As for you specifically, I'm not someone that can tell whether a band will be fighting Robin Thicke or whoever for chart space in five years after hearing a lo-fi basement rehersal. For that, you'll want to talk to these guys.
Last edited by Cavalcade at Aug 9, 2013,
Quote by Cavalcade
Any band can make it big. It's a question of how bad you want it. Do you want it bad enough to:
*Spend countless hours writing songs, and improving as a songwriter?
*Pay for a producer that'll find the best parts of your sound and bring them out?
*Change your sound to appeal to more people?
*Practice your asses off?
*Invest thousands of hours and dollars alike in promotion?
And the most important question of all:
*How lucky are you feeling?
As for you specifically, I'm not someone that can tell whether a band will be fighting Robin Thicke or whoever for chart space in five years after hearing a lo-fi basement rehersal. For that, you'll want to talk to these guys.

LOL! This song was called "decent"? Well, my friend, this was a test. I have noticed the majority of people on here hardly ever post positive feedback and slam everyone's tracks. You called this "decent" when in fact this is a song by a critically acclaimed band "The National" who recently sold-out Barclays Center in NYC.

LOL!!

You lot really don't know anything about music.
Quote by mikeross478
I have noticed the majority of people on here hardly ever post positive feedback and slam everyone's tracks

Oh cool, so you're a butthurt troll. I'm actually the only one here who does that; everyone else seems to respond with "good, now c4c mine!". Cry more.
I'm flattered to have fans, though. Who are you, anyway? That "Bull Prick" guy? Which track of yours did I rightly trash? Do you want a second opinion on it? It'll probably be the same.

And like always, I stand by what I said. That recording was boring.

LOL!!
Quote by Cavalcade
Oh cool, so you're a butthurt troll. I'm actually the only one here who does that; everyone else seems to respond with "good, now c4c mine!". Cry more.
I'm flattered to have fans, though. Who are you, anyway? That "Bull Prick" guy? Which track of yours did I rightly trash? Do you want a second opinion on it? It'll probably be the same.

And like always, I stand by what I said. That recording was boring.

LOL!!

Yeah that track was boring that's why the band who wrote it never sold out the Barclays. Wait a minute, they did: http://4ad.com/news/15/1/2013/thenationaltoperformatbrooklynsbarclayscentreonjune5th

You guys on here are out of your depth. How can you critique others' songs when all you care about is if it is technical or if it is heavy metal. What a shambles.

The band who wrote the "boring" tune are critically-acclaimed. Shows how much you know!

LOL!
Quote by Cavalcade
So you're not interested in making music, and your only talent is entry-level trolling. I'm going to listen very carefully to your sage advice on music.

So anyone who highlights your inadequate reviews of tracks is a troll? Hmmm... that doesn't seem right.

Well the critics rate the band in the OP, and so do I. I am very wise with music, metalhead moron.
Quote by mikeross478
So anyone who highlights your inadequate reviews of tracks is a troll?

I'm not seeing any other posts of yours. Or any other profile information. No articles, no tabs, and no music. Which means you're some random autistic kid who thinks he knows all about music, and came here to post this thread. Nothing more.
-Wants to test if people will post positive feedback about anything
-Posts a rather dull and shoddily recorded song

...wut. Your logic... she hurts me...
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Dull? Pitchfork rated it the best song on their sophomore album. The whole album received a 7/10. I suppose it's not complex and flashy enough for you.

And for the twat above the twat above this comment. **** off. I am a highly decorated UG forum user, but I shall remain anonymous. ****.
Quote by mikeross478

And for the twat above the twat above this comment. **** off. I am a highly decorated UG forum user, but I shall remain anonymous. ****.

1 - Pitchfork is not the objective source of all knowledge, music is subjective. If Justin Beiber sells out stadium does that make his music good?

2 - So you're a multi... interesting...

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Last edited by ChemicalFire at Aug 9, 2013,
Quote by mikeross478
Dull? Pitchfork rated it the best song on their sophomore album. The whole album received a 7/10. I suppose it's not complex and flashy enough for you.

Checkmate. Screenshotted. Thank you for playing. No rematch.
Also the band that wrote this song are massively acclaimed... doesn't make this good though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5NoXaSajq0

Quote by DisarmGoliath