Playing over my new Blackstar I discovered a problem with my PRS SE EG (SSS). During bends it starts to crack, certainly when you are bending high. Playing withouth bends works fine. I had a grounding issue before after I bought it, which wasn't there in the store. I sent it back and they opened the guitar for me. Although they didn't discovered anything, the noise was gone when I got it back. However, now I have the problem with bending, it might have the same cause, after all they didn't repare anything the first time.

I'm sure the PRS is the problem because a Tele (HH) and a strat style guitar (SSS) didn't have any problems at all.

It is still in its warranty period but I'm curious what it could be.
Are the strings hitting/touching anything at all when you bend?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Are the strings hitting/touching anything at all when you bend?

What do you mean by hitting/touching? I bent all the 3 guitars the same way and only the PRS has problems. Just to make it sure, somebody else had the same problem on my PRS and with another guitar he didn't.
Let me get this straight. The sound coming from your amplifier cracks as you bend? Can you hear any of that crackling when you play unplugged?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Gibson Les Paul Tribute 50's
Gibson Midtown Custom
Fender Telecaster Deluxe
Fender Telecaster Standard
Gretsch Corvette
Danelectro DC59

Crybaby | TS9 | Korg | Little Big Muff | PS-6| MXR Chorus | TC Spark| DL4
Quote by timfleur1987
Let me get this straight. The sound coming from your amplifier cracks as you bend? Can you hear any of that crackling when you play unplugged?

Yes the crack is there when plugged in. Unplugged there is nothing wrong.
It is really strange that this only occurs during bending. How does the bridge look? Do the strings touch anything (bridge, pickups) during a bend that they are not touching during regular playing?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Gibson Les Paul Tribute 50's
Gibson Midtown Custom
Fender Telecaster Deluxe
Fender Telecaster Standard
Gretsch Corvette
Danelectro DC59

Crybaby | TS9 | Korg | Little Big Muff | PS-6| MXR Chorus | TC Spark| DL4
Quote by timfleur1987
It is really strange that this only occurs during bending. How does the bridge look? Do the strings touch anything (bridge, pickups) during a bend that they are not touching during regular playing?

The guitar seems fine. I went to the music store and the guitar didn't have any problems there. So probably the single coils pick up some disturbance from the TV or PC monitor or so?
Quote by GuitarL91
The guitar seems fine. I went to the music store and the guitar didn't have any problems there. So probably the single coils pick up some disturbance from the TV or PC monitor or so?

If it was interfernce you wouldnt only hear it with bends.

My guess is that the pick up is to high and the magnets in the pickups are pulling on the string as it is bent and that makes the crackle.

So try lowering the pick up a little and see what that does.
Quote by jkielq91
If it was interfernce you wouldnt only hear it with bends.

My guess is that the pick up is to high and the magnets in the pickups are pulling on the string as it is bent and that makes the crackle.

So try lowering the pick up a little and see what that does.

That is pretty thinkable, thanks! Strange it doesn't alway crack tho. I just played (without changing anything) and it worked fine. So sometimes is crackes, sometimes it doesn't, in the same circumstances.
Quote by GuitarL91
That is pretty thinkable, thanks! Strange it doesn't alway crack tho. I just played (without changing anything) and it worked fine. So sometimes is crackes, sometimes it doesn't, in the same circumstances.

I had a problem with my guitar once. The sound was warbling on the highest 9 notes or so. The tech suggested it could but the problem I described above. He was wrong but it must be some thing that happens.