Well basically im trying to recreate an old song my band made but I cannot figure out how to make the virtual guitars sound like this, I don't know the first thing about doing such. Im using ReFX Slayer 2 and im stumped. Any tips or ideas? Thank you
Definitely not a technique question, probably suited to Recordings so moved
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
plug your guitar into your computer?

anyway, that plugin is sh*t
Last edited by AmirT at Aug 9, 2013,
Quote by Awokenn
sound like this

Like what?

Virtual guitars almost always sound terrible (see: Guitar Pro's "Realistic" Sound Engine), just because of all the things that need to be simulated to get a decent tone. I tried using Slayer for a couple demos, and it sounded ass. I ended up just going back to the default midi sounds.

Quote by AmirT
plug your guitar into your computer interface?

Fixt that for you.
Last edited by Cavalcade at Aug 9, 2013,
that thing is probably only good for use in techno
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by Cavalcade
Not even.

oh i dunno, i think it could work in some "unce unce" techno where the guitars don't even sound like guitars. that's probably what the use case for slayer was, unce unce.
Quote by archerygenious

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
It's status as a Electro DAW is kind of unfounded these days, there have been so many updates since then.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
"unce unce" techno where the guitars don't even sound like guitars

What.
What EDM are you listening to that has guitars that "don't even sound like guitars"? Any time guitars are used in EDM, they're usually acoustics for texture. Slayer is (supposed to be) for a metal tone.
Quote by ChemicalFire
It's status as a Electro DAW is kind of unfounded these days, there have been so many updates since then.

Yeah, FL Studio can do most types of music really well, but Image-Line's plugins are definitely electronic-oriented. Their synths mostly lean towards the synthetic type of sounds, and Slayer (as mentioned) and Hardcore (guitar distortion/fx), which are their token "metal" plugins, are just bad.
Quote by Cavalcade
What.
What EDM are you listening to that has guitars that "don't even sound like guitars"? Any time guitars are used in EDM, they're usually acoustics for texture. Slayer is (supposed to be) for a metal tone.

i dunno, i purposely used 'techno' as a trashier word for electronic music. i'm pretty sure BT has done something with metal-sounding guitars before though.
Quote by archerygenious

When EDM does employ electric guitars like described, they are often real guitars.

Daft Punk - Digital Love for example:
Guitar sounds not much like a guitar, but is actually a real guitar playing the solo, then mixed with effects. They became pretty much famous for that.

In Fact their latest album is considered full on EDM, but uses ONLY real instruments (w/e that means, I'd called it "performed instruments"). It's considered sort of an ode to early techno, though I don't like it that much.

Prodigy (live) uses real drums, and a real guitar player.

Pendulum is more D&B than rock, but still uses real guitar's and bass.

Oh I am bored so I wanted to rage a little.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Aug 9, 2013,
gah, if you insist on only acknowledging "good" electronica then forget i said anything.

i thought "unce unce" was what you say when you mean bad techno?
Quote by archerygenious

Unce unce?

hmmm maybe.

Since all these americans are doing hip with EDM and artists.

You guys are so virginy in this

It's funny, dance parties here are as normal as fkin mcdonalds, and even metalheads and rockers listen to electronic music.

Maybe it's becausee weee have so many famous (good) dj's.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Aug 10, 2013,
Just aside: For those who say that techno is just "unts unts", try making it yourself.. try making a repetitive song which is not boring, do the mixing, do the mastering, etc etc.. all by yourself.

I'm making all kinds of music, and believe me, electronic music is one of the hardest to make I've personally dealt with.

(of course you have mainstream shitty house-artists, just like you have millions of shitty mainstream rock and metal artists)
Quote by ChemicalFire

I preached this on here for like 2 years and no one would believe me...
Guess you missed the part that says "not a Guitarist" so I can't simply plug a guitar into an interface. Although I wish I could