Some guy's offering me a Washburn P2 for my blemished RG421. Aparrently it's mahogany, set-neck, with Duncan Distortion / Nickel Jazz pickups.

He sent me a link to a Harmony Central NGD thread claiming his is similar to it.

(am I allowed to post links to other forums in this forum? If not, I'll remove it)

Not only do I have no clue about this model, but Washburns in general. Apparently Paul Stanley plays them, but other than that I'm clueless.
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
I played a Washburn 166 PRO in a guitar center recently and thought it felt and sounded great.

All I can tell you is I personally would rather have that Washburn than an Ibanez RG421. You should meet up and play each other's guitars, decide if you want to do the trade.

Oh, and always price check these things on Ebay before you go, so you have an idea what it's worth.
The Washburn P2 was a guitar that Washburn created in cooperation with one of their long-time endorsers, Nuno Bettencourt (They still make his Signature guitar). I believe the "P" stood for their "Princess" model line. The P2 guitars I saw were made in South Korea. They struck me as decent instruments; rather inexpensive but decent, playable guitars. I do not believe that anyone would consider them "rare," as they are not particularly old (The ones I saw were made in the late 1990s) and were not a limited run by any means.

Is it a fair trade? Only if you think it is. A P2 isn't going to be worth anything as a collectible. Personally, I do not care for the design of the body, but that is a matter of opinion. I am sure some people think they look great.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
So the reason I can't find much info on them is not because they are rare, but because they are not particularly good?

The guy's all the way in Dayton anyways. I'm not going that far out of my way for nothing special.

But still, what's the deal with other Washburns? I see them frequently on Craigslist for around $150, then some guy who wants $1600 for a Paul Stanley PS1800.
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Last edited by jjfeu662 at Aug 9, 2013,
Quote by jjfeu662
So the reason I can't find much info on them is not because they are rare, but because they are not particularly good?

The guy's all the way in Dayton anyways. I'm not going that far out of my way for nothing special.

That's pretty much the long and the short of it. Unless you have a special desire to own a Washburn P2, I would not recommend going for it. There are plenty of better guitars out there in that price range.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Mercury series are the old ones to look for too. They made those when Grover Jackson worked with them. You can get them cheap if the owner dosnt know that.

Those and USA modles are the 2 that are rare/good to look for.
What the hell!!!
Last edited by danvwman at Aug 10, 2013,