Currently I have a heavily modded Ibanez GRX40, but I feel it isn't enought for me. I want to stay with this brand if it possible as I fell in love with the RG series (and some S series guitars).

I mostly want either an RG970QMZ or an RG927QMZ. I like their look, but the stores I usually go doesn't carry any of these or similar products to try them out, mostly cheaper Cort models, sometimes Godin or PRS. But on some forums they suggested me older Japanese models instead of these, which aren't bad, but I don't like those huge blocks at the neck joint.

Did you've tried them out? Are they good? Are the tremolos stable enought?

I'm looking for a guitar for prog metal, tech death metal, and melodic death metal. Or for a mixture of these . I prefer super fast bolt-on necks over neck-thru, set neck, or thicker necks. And I need 24 frets, two humbuckers or HSH configuration. From trems I prefer double locking ones, and I really don't like Tune-o-Matic or Evertune bridges. (the former is unconfortable, the latter is complicated)
Quote by ZILtoid_1991
Currently I have a heavily modded Ibanez GRX40, but I feel it isn't enought for me. I want to stay with this brand if it possible as I fell in love with the RG series (and some S series guitars).

I mostly want either an RG970QMZ or an RG927QMZ. I like their look, but the stores I usually go doesn't carry any of these or similar products to try them out, mostly cheaper Cort models, sometimes Godin or PRS. But on some forums they suggested me older Japanese models instead of these, which aren't bad, but I don't like those huge blocks at the neck joint.

Did you've tried them out? Are they good? Are the tremolos stable enought?

I'm looking for a guitar for prog metal, tech death metal, and melodic death metal. Or for a mixture of these . I prefer super fast bolt-on necks over neck-thru, set neck, or thicker necks. And I need 24 frets, two humbuckers or HSH configuration. From trems I prefer double locking ones, and I really don't like Tune-o-Matic or Evertune bridges. (the former is unconfortable, the latter is complicated)

this seems a little strange, you already like ibanez better than the alternatives but you are asking us if they are any good?

let me be a bit upfront with you: buy gear you like regardless of the name on it. if you like ibanez then go with an ibanez, there is really no other reason to go with a brand.

ibanez can produce a very good product, their prestige series is very highly thought of (both steve vai and satriani have sig models with ibanez and they could get ANYONE to give them a sig model). they can also provide your 24 frets, HSH, and floating double locking bridge. ibanez usually tends to sport a very flat radius on their fret boards which is kinda a trademark for them.

there are lots of other companies that can supply a guitar to your specs as well.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae