I've been doing a lot of shows lately with my full rig, a dual rectifier half stack and a large pedalboard, and its great, but for some smaller shows, it's just too much and takes too long to set up, and some gigs are down stairs or in bad parts of town where I fear getting all my nice gear stolen. So I'm looking for an alternative amp that I can use to get the job done when I don't want to bring everything with me.

Currently, I run reverb, chorus, and delay in my FX loop set to the clean channel only, so when I switch to lead, there are no effects on. Are there any amps with built in FX that do this? I know I could get like a Line 6 Spider Valve or some other modeling amp, but I was hoping for a tube amp with more professional quality and a better lead channel. I'm used to my Mesa, so I'm a bit of a snob.

I've been looking at like a Bogner Alchemist or the Fender Bandmaster, and other tube amps with on-board effects, but I'm not sure if any of them can have the FX on the clean channel only. Does anyone know of any amps that will fit my needs?
Gear:
-Mesa Dual Rectifier (3 Channel) with KT88 and KT66 Tubes
-Peavey 6505+
-Roland JC120
-Ibanez Tone Blaster TBX150H
-Mesa 4x12 Straight Cab
-Marshall 1960BV
-Gibson Les Paul Custom
-Gibson Flying V
-Line 6 M13
the peavey vypyr tube has a tube power section and loads of effects, you can program patches for however you wanna set it up.

there is also stuff like, sansamp or line 6. sansamp has a power amp that you can plug whatever preamp/multieffect you want into it, it's called the 'power engine'

http://www.tech21nyc.com/products/powerengine/powerengine60.html

line 6 has the 'DT' amps, like the DT25. it's designed to be used with products like the HD500

http://line6.com/dt25/

there are other options like more dedicated modeling hardware like a Kemper or Axe FX.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
http://www.voxamps.com/us/valvetronix/vt-series/

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/VFS5

"Optional VFS5 foot switch lets you switch programs or turn effects on/off with your foot
By using the optional VFS5 foot switch you can switch programs, turn reverb or other effects on/off, or make speed/tap settings using your foot. This is a great advantage when you're creating sounds or performing live."

You program your preset channels before the show and just tap the switch to change.
What do you guys listen to when playing video games?
Quote by DemonicSamurai

Quote by T3hdude

Men fapping.

Sorry, didn't realize I was that loud.

I'll be leaving your closet now.
I just got a valvetronix amp. Lots of built-in stuff. The current line VT+ do not have effects loops.

If you are looking for an all-in-one the amp and the built-in effects are fine....they are no replacement for pedals IMO. It is also a hassle to walk over the the amp every time you want to change something...seems like a non-issue, it is annoying.
Last edited by bigblockelectra at Aug 9, 2013,
Well, the dude said he doesn't want to bring his pedals with him, so the FX loop is moot.
What do you guys listen to when playing video games?
Quote by DemonicSamurai

Quote by T3hdude

Men fapping.

Sorry, didn't realize I was that loud.

I'll be leaving your closet now.
Build a rack.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
The vypyr earns all of the praise it gets. So +1

Edit: the 60 or 120 tube models only if there was a lack of clarity.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Last edited by trashedlostfdup at Aug 9, 2013,
Quote by xXBansheeXx

Currently, I run reverb, chorus, and delay in my FX loop set to the clean channel only, so when I switch to lead, there are no effects on. Are there any amps with built in FX that do this? I know I could get like a Line 6 Spider Valve or some other modeling amp, but I was hoping for a tube amp with more professional quality and a better lead channel. I'm used to my Mesa, so I'm a bit of a snob.

I've been looking at like a Bogner Alchemist ...

I've been pretty happy with the Alchemist when playing at dives and/or where there are drunk people. I've had it since it first came out and it's been pretty bullet-proof.

It's got the built-in Reverb and Delay, 2 of the 3 you use. It has "a non-bypassable buffered parallel effects loop between the pre-amp and power amp circuitry, parallel to the internal effects. The dry signal never leaves the amp, ensuring the best tone. This loop is designed to work with instrument level pedals. Line level effect units with level controls should work just fine as well."