I have a vox valvetronix vt40+ I'm trying to achieve the chug type metal sound with this thing, would an overdrive pedal help me achieve this? tubescreamer? what do you think?
that tends to work better with tube amps. I've never actually tried it with a modelling amp, but yeah.

you have it set to one of the high gain amp models, right? what guitar/pickups are you using with it?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Orange Mode on UK Metal got me the most desirable sounds for metal. Have you tried using the built in Tube OD pedal already?
I'm Mitch, I like making guitar and bass gear reviews/comparisons on YouTube
YouTube

I play bass in an instrumental band called Beyond the Woods
Facebook
Twitter
Tubescreamers work as boosts by sending a bigger signal to the V1 preamp tube, to make it clip more. This doesn't work on solid state amps, because there is no V1 tube. You're just going to push a SS front end and get SS clipping. Which sounds terrible.

Does your amp have a built in tubescreamer model? In that case setting it up as a boost (level 10, gain 0) should replicate how they affect tube amps.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
You may be better off running the amp clean and sticking something like a Suhr Riot or Barber Dirty Bomb in front of it.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification