I have a blackstar series one 100 , had that amp for a while, and think i want to change tubes since they'll die anytime soon

The tubes that come stock :

3x ecc83 , 1x ecc82 preamps

4x el34 poweramp

i know you're only ment to change preamps, but i don't even know what tube brand they use in stock, says tubedoctor, which is a distributer not a manufacturer, so i thought i'd change the preamp and poweramp tubes

What i'm planning to change to

3x JJ Ecc83s ( instead of 83 ) , 1 x JJ ECC82
4x JJ EL34s

Mostly i play progressive metal, but cleans are equally important to me.

Opinion?
JJs are good value for money. They come stock in my EVH head. You'll be fine.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
Quote by weirdzaid
I have a blackstar series one 100 , had that amp for a while, and think i want to change tubes since they'll die anytime soon

4x el34 poweramp

i know you're only ment to change preamps, but i don't even know what tube brand they use in stock, says tubedoctor, which is a distributer not a manufacturer, so i thought i'd change the preamp and poweramp tubes

4x JJ EL34s

Opinion?

Yes, you'll be fine. Just be sure to change them in the correct way. Like, putting the ECC82 in the ECC82 spot and putting all the paired power tubes in the right sockets. Though, if you buy a matched quad that won't really be an issue.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by weirdzaid

4x el34 poweramp

4x JJ EL34s

Opinion?

A while? How long is that?

You don't need to change them unless there's a problem. Spare tubes don't hurt though. Tubes last longer than you may think. I'm not sure if the tubes in my Laney have ever been changed (I had to change one pre amp tube though) and it's over ten years old (I bought it used last year).

And how are you only meant to change the pre amp tubes? You can also change your power amp tubes.

I'm not saying you shouldn't change them, though.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
If it's a head stick a JJ ECC803 in V1.

The rest would be a fine choice. The other option worth considering is the JJ EL34L. They have more bottom end and just a generally bigger sound to the standard old EL34.

If you are driving the amp into power amp distortion then a JJ 6CA7 has some really nice breakup. That's what I am currently running in my JCM900 and I run it really hard. The distortion running it near dimed rocks. If you aren't running it that hard then I'd probably go for the JJ EL34L - if I couldn't afford SED =C= EL34's.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification