Hello UG, i am in a bit of a dilema. i have been saving for a few months and am planning on dropping roughly $4000 to revamp my rig due to an ex girlfriend destroying all my old stuff (a different thread for a different day) here is my question. Do you think it is more important to split the cost between guitar and amp or split it between guitar, amp and some pedals? thanks a bunch!
More on amp I'd say. You can score really high quality guitars around $1,000. All on the used market of course. And whatever's left on pedals.

But enough about that. What happened?
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Great amp, good guitar and a few essential pedals, with priority of spending in that order. You can get plenty of tones out of an awesome amp with a decent guitar, while the reciprocal is more challenging.
so maybe some assistance on that then. i play surf/reggae and am planning on buying new unfortunately, dont get me wrong i love finding gems but im doing a payment plan thing so it has to be new.
Okay, where are you located?
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
houston, tx I'm new to the area as well and ive searched out alot of local used gear not much has sparked my interest. i was planning on buying from americanmusical.com unless someone knows of a better place.
Quote by Reverb&Reggae
should i move the thread to the pit? i dont know if this is considered gg&a lol

the story about my ex not the question
alright so i had quite the collection of gear. vintage 1966 super reverb, custom shop tele, hot rod 62 start and a load of standard issue pedals, nothing boutique but still good pedals. we moved around florida for about a year and i slowly realized my gear was diminishing slowly, she chalked it up to movers stealing shit but no pedals were missing not big ticket stuff. anyway fast forward a few more moves and my tele is gone, beautiful copper custom shop tele with abigail handwound pickups and all that jazz. i confronted her and well like most psycho bitches do she went crazy and i watched a the who stage destroy do down in my living room. i left and went to a friends house to not do anything stupid and there is a knock on the door the next morning and its a cop asking me to step outside and talk to him. I find out my ex punched herself in the eye and gave herself a black eye then called the cops saying i hit her and destroyed my gear. after 4 hours they chalked it up to "more investigation was required" and i never heard from them again sanford flordia police dept go figure. no im here in houston aching to get back into the music life.
Quote by telemetal
Great amp, good guitar and a few essential pedals, with priority of spending in that order. You can get plenty of tones out of an awesome amp with a decent guitar, while the reciprocal is more challenging.

I've always found that a good amp can make a crappy guitar sound better (to a point), and that a crappy amp can ruin the sound of a good guitar (to a point).

In saying that, though, some combinations work better than others. Personally I'd start with a decent amp and build from there.
Quote by Reverb&Reggae
alright so i had quite the collection of gear. vintage 1966 super reverb, custom shop tele, hot rod 62 start and a load of standard issue pedals, nothing boutique but still good pedals. we moved around florida for about a year and i slowly realized my gear was diminishing slowly, she chalked it up to movers stealing shit but no pedals were missing not big ticket stuff. anyway fast forward a few more moves and my tele is gone, beautiful copper custom shop tele with abigail handwound pickups and all that jazz. i confronted her and well like most psycho bitches do she went crazy and i watched a the who stage destroy do down in my living room. i left and went to a friends house to not do anything stupid and there is a knock on the door the next morning and its a cop asking me to step outside and talk to him. I find out my ex punched herself in the eye and gave herself a black eye then called the cops saying i hit her and destroyed my gear. after 4 hours they chalked it up to "more investigation was required" and i never heard from them again sanford flordia police dept go figure. no im here in houston aching to get back into the music life.

Bitches be cray.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
what im thinking is a twin reverb reissue, fender reverb unit with 6k6 swap and a standard stratocaster then pedals a tc flashback, mooer phaser. any better/more interesting suggestions gain isnt really necessary for me as i stay around the areas of reggae/surf/jazz/clean psychedelic.
Quote by Reverb&Reggae

what the absolute ****. what a pathetic excuse for a human being. so sorry to hear that.
Quote by NakedInTheRain
what the absolute ****. what a pathetic excuse for a human being. so sorry to hear that.

no worries she got knocked up after we split, dodged that bullet.