Hello
I'm looking for a new amp.
I saw the laneyl5t-112 today and I got interested in it.

So I mainlyvplay jazz and blues, as well as some rock. Definately not metal.
So the amp should have some warm full cleans, aswell as some crisp overdrive.
It should also take effect pedals very well.

I am going to use it for home playing and maybe recording too, but I don't like very loud amps.

So does anyone here have one, and can you may be tell me if this amp would fit me?
And what its cons and pros are?

I play a 62 MiJ tele.

Thanks in advance
Last edited by Knackworst1 at Aug 10, 2013,
don't have it, but i've tried one a couple of times

it should do what you want EDIT: I dunno if i'd call the overdrive "crisp", though, it's more of a warm british-style overdrive.

the only real negative i thought when i tried it was that I thought it was a bit on the expensive side for what it was. and 5 watts won't give you a ton of headroom for cleans (or really be loud enough for gigs if you ever decide to). conversely, 5 watts will still be loud when you crank it up at home. so bear that in mind.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah, I always try to get the most out of my money. (Another amp in mybudget is a fender hrd iii, but Im afraid its too loud)
Anyways whengigging I alwaysusea PA,so, ifitsnotloud enough its not a big problem.

Anything else?
an HRD will sound much more like a fender-style amp (obviously) than the lionheart will. It just depends on what you want.

it'll be too loud if you want to crank it (though so will the lionheart, most likely), but if you're willing to turn it way down it should be ok. Though i think they have linear volume knobs which doesn't help you get the volume knob to the exact right spot for the exact right volume.

what's your budget? what country are you in? (affects prices and availability)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
My budget reaches to 880€, I live inBelgium,but inGermany theres a gigantic music store, they have pretty much all amps out thereb

EDIT: 880 euros is about 1100 usd
However a hrd here costs about 840 euros
Last edited by Knackworst1 at Aug 10, 2013,
And how about a vox ac15? only thing that bothers me is that you do not have an EQ for the clean channel, and you can only switch between clean and drive channel through a footswitch...
i always say this, but the traynor ycv50b is pretty good value on thomann. i think they're out of stock at the moment, but they normally get them back in.

i haven't tried the new ac15. i didn't much like the older one i tried, but to be fair it was second hand and might have been broken probably worth pointing out that they don't sound exactly the same as the ac30, if that's what you want.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
How about the Line 6 DT25? It's nothing like the Spider amps Line 6 is infamous for, and you can program it to change the preamp if you don't like the sound of it. There's the choice of a Fender Bassman-style or Deluxe Reverb-style preamps for cleans and numerous Marshall-style and a couple Vox-style preamps for everything else. There's also a Low Volume mode which comes in handy.