so i may have done something awesome, or perhaps screwed up big. i will let you be the judge.

i had 5 pedals to trade in = boss os-2 overdrive, EHX memory toy, guyatone ST-2 comp, TC ditto looper, Boss GE-7 EQ.

my friend is buying the EQ for 30, GC gave me 120 for the other 4, plus trade in discount, i got a TC FLASHBACK FOR TEN DOLLA!!!!
_________

Build - not sure how i feel about TC, but the enclosure seems rugged, knobs feel smooth and solid. all good it appears. TC switches irk me a bit. however, they encorporate tapping etc into these, not just on/off so they perhaps need to be that way.

sound - i am floored by the features. i was scared about doing digital cause i am an analog guy, but it sounds better than my memory toy all analog. it really does sound good. other features such as tap tempo, built in looper, buffer setting has a delay spillover (keeps the repeats when you turn it off, trailing, instead of an abrupt stop). VERY full featured.

tone print? have yet to try.

best of all? unity gain? GTFO memory toy with your boosted signal.
________

ok now for the "i messed u part"

i basically had a $150-$175 discount on anything i bought. i could have bought the flashback x4, line 6 DL4 or the TC NOVA delay for 100-150!!!

did i make a monumental error?
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
IMO yes, but if you're content, who cares?! HNPD!
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
i woke up this morning and went..wait, 150 discount...that opens so many doors?

well honestly, there is one features i REALLY want and that is to put a delay in a true bypass looper with a boost, in order to create 1 patch that i click 1 button that offers a solo boost with a 2nd flavor of delay.

i am not sure i can do that even with a flashback x4 etc. what i really might do is buy a 2nd delay pedal like a flashback or something cool, and set it up like i just described.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
I think you got screwed on the trade in, unless that's fair in the US, but here, you'd fetch way more if you sold them on the second hand market.

That said, the Flashback is a really nice pedal. I would have gotten the X4, because I really think it's worth it. Test the toneprints for sure, and try the editor as well. Crazy stuff can be done.
Quote by Vendetta V
HNPD

ps. can anybody tell me why one should buy this over say Hardwire delay?

Because it's better.

I've got the X4 one and simply the ability to make your own delays makes it more worth the pennies than Hardwire or Line6 DL4.

OT: HNPD! However, like said above, I agree that X4 is more bang for the buck.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Last edited by Sakke at Aug 10, 2013,
true, but honestly i was very happy getting that much from GC, i thought it would be far worse. and i personally didnt want to take the weeks to a month of phoning people on craigs list to sell them. my friend only wanted the EQ.

so i am happy with the trade in.

i can say the toneprints is AWESOME. FREE? its like having 100 delays, and then the free software to tweak your own. this is revolutionary. i dont think many have caught on.

overall i am very happy with the pedal and none of the settings sound "bad". i mean, on a modeller, its almost a given you never use 50-75% of them. i could easily find a use for just about everything except the ping pong.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Happy new pedal day, man.
My Name is Cameron.
Quote by Cathbard
For me, bedroom levels is a cranked plexi half stack.

Now get off my ****ing lawn.