my b string when played hits the right note but sounds very wavy like its being put through a tremolo effect. its very annoying and the b string is the only string i notice it on. the only difference between the strings is my b string is in a lighter string gauge set(i had my guitar set up with that string gauge) i believe .9's and i had to switch out all the strings and i accidently broke the new E string because i was getting pissed because it wasn't tuning to the correct octave.(probably my tuners fault -_-) and so it broke and i just kept the old b string and replaced every other string with a different gauge. like the e string was a a string and d was a g. but their all tuned right. i just don't know why my b is wavy everything else is fine. i was thinking it was my action but seeing how my other strings(higher gauges as well prob .11's) aren't.
also i got a new set of strings but dont have the time to put them on. if it turns out that the problem was the difference in string gauge i can swap em out
What guitar? What pickups?

This could be Stratitis. The pickups could be pulling down on the strings causing them to oscillate.

Mine does it, I just got used to it and no one but me can ever hear it, but it is there, I swear.
Last edited by Mephaphil at Aug 10, 2013,
Quote by Mephaphil
What guitar? What pickups?

This could be Stratitis. The pickups could be pulling down on the strings causing them to oscillate.

Mine does it, I just got used to it and no one but me can ever hear it, but it is there, I swear.

i really dont think thats the problem had this guitar for a year + now no prior problems. epiphone sg g-400 i believe pickups are the remake of the original p90's.
Wavy isn't a good description.

Regardless, I know what you mean and it's oscillating. It's pretty normal.

If you don't agree carry on, but all my guitars oscillate at certain frequencies. You don't hear it when unplugged or clean, right?
Quote by Mephaphil
Wavy isn't a good description.

Regardless, I know what you mean and it's oscillating. It's pretty normal.

If you don't agree carry on, but all my guitars oscillate at certain frequencies. You don't hear it when unplugged or clean, right?

nah i've actually never heard it before i started ear training and paying attention to notes 0.0 i looked up stratitis and says if i play with my pups a bit it may fix it seems like that hasen't worked il play with the action a bit too. but this is really bugging me
Ear training or not you may just have noticed it. I just ignore it, in fact is part of the Strat tone.

Other than that, I dunno. Look at the nut maybe, although it would do it open too.

Bring it to a guitar shop, show them, play others and the same guitar and see if it does it, most do. What guitar is it?
Last edited by Mephaphil at Aug 10, 2013,
My AW-7 does this on the High E and maybe even High B string. Good to know it's normal.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Quote by Mephaphil
Ear training or not you may just have noticed it. I just ignore it, in fact is part of the Strat tone.

Other than that, I dunno. Look at the nut maybe, although it would do it open too.

Bring it to a guitar shop, show them, play others and the same guitar and see if it does it, most do. What guitar is it?

epiphone sg g-400 i messed with its pick ups and action and it actually moved the wavy sound away from the fret i was on but its still there....just quieter
u posted twis ina row ur goin ta jayl
gurl u salty

Quote by Reverb&Reggae
the honor is mine you funny space orka