Okay so, lately the band I play with has been getting more gigs (3 lined up for next month ), it's a week to competition season (school band, inter-school competitions) and I have studio time somewhere in the next month so I figured I really need to get my pedal scene sorted out. And since my luck sucks, my OD pedal fuzzed out as well.

It's pedalboard time.

Currently I have a super simple set up of a Hardwire DL8. GCB95 and a (now defunct) Digitech Screamin' Blues OD (Big mistake).

As a replacement for the OD I've decided to buy an EMMA ReezaFRATzitz 2(It sounds beautiful :') ). But that means 3 pedals and no board so I decided to figure out the board scene.

I've done my research and arrived at 2 options:

Option 1

I purchase a ReezaFRATzitz and along with that a Hardwire HT6 (Gonna need a tuner at some point). When they arrive, I buy a daisy chain and patch cables and run my pedals daisy chained off the tuner. I'll also need to build a homemade board for this which isn't really a problem since I have easy access to a carpenter and can get a board made to my specs.
Cons: a) I need to through the entire design process to get one made.
b) This board will have a soft case.

*Not exact pedals. Not going to be using the Pedaltrain board, just a sample layout.

Cost:
Hardwire DL8 : N/A
Crybaby : N/A
ReezaFRATzitz 2 & HT6 : $366 (Shipping inclusive)
Crappy Patch Cables: $6
Boss Daisy Chain : $15
Velcro : N/A*
Board : N/A
Total: : $387+

Option 2

I purchase a Boss BCB 60 board with the RF2. The BCB60 includes patch cables, has a daisy chain, is a hard case, foam padding etc.

Cons: a) Reduced customizability.
b) Reviews say the latches break easily on the BCB60.
c) Not going to buy a tuner pedal any time soon.

*Not what my pedal set-up will look like, just a picture of the board.

Cost:
Hardwire DL8 : N/A
Crybaby : N/A
ReezaFRATzitz 2 & BCB60: $410 (shipping inclusive)
Velcro : N/A*
Total : $410

Conclusion

Since both options are around the same price, I'm torn between them. The first one is cheaper and includes a tuner but will have a soft case most probably. The second includes patch cables and daisy chain, plus is a hard case for easy carry but doesn't include a tuner and is more expensive.

What do you think I should do?

*Velcro isn't applicable, as I'll need it for both boards. (Yes I know the BCB doesn't need it, but I want it)
Lazy fact #222568405:
You were too lazy to read the number.
Don't get the BCB. You're stuck with "standard" size pedals then.
Have you thought about getting a second hand flightcase with about the measurements of a pedalboard? Shouldn't cost you more than the BCB and it'll be more future-proof, not to mention sturdier.

Also, if you have access to a carpenter, can't you just get a case made for the board anyway?
Quote by I K0nijn I
Don't get the BCB. You're stuck with "standard" size pedals then.
Have you thought about getting a second hand flightcase with about the measurements of a pedalboard? Shouldn't cost you more than the BCB and it'll be more future-proof, not to mention sturdier.

Also, if you have access to a carpenter, can't you just get a case made for the board anyway?

Yeah I realized that I don't have any boss-sized pedals. That's wby I wanted to lay velcro down inside the BCB. Shouldn't the foam inside the BCB hold the pedals down on its own when it's closed?

The secondhand market isn't really an option here when it comes to any sort of gear, so can't graba flightvase from somwhere and work on it. Getting a case built is much more work then taking a plank fo wood and putting velcro and handles down on it, that would involve adding foam and latches and things as well, and I don't think I'd be happy carrying a wood case anywhere anyway, unless I get it wrapped in Tolex or something. But that causes the cost to rise to the same as a BCB.

Quote by SISO
You can savage one of those and have the best of both worlds

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/blac...ts-14069206.jpg

I thought of doing that originally. I had a wooden box with a beautiful grain and transparent red finish. But the box was too frail and to make it usable I'd have to go through the whole padding/hinges process mentioned above. Plus that looks ugly imo.
Lazy fact #222568405:
You were too lazy to read the number.
Last edited by Destroyr at Aug 11, 2013,