Page 1 of 2
EDIT...I bumped this again, this thread is over 3 yrs old. shit is going down now in 2017 though. I'm no conspiracy theorist but this seems like news to me. They are starting removal of rods. A quote from a YALE Professor "All of humanity will be threatened for 1000s of years if 2 rods touch during removal" .. they are just a few mm apart and may also be damaged.
Some scientists say the N. Hemisphere may need to eventually be evacuated, radiation equal to 140,000 Hiroshima Bombs, 10 times more than Chernobyl is in the reactors. And it's MOX. the worst lethal power source, banned in most countries reactors.

Old posts below from 2013

It turns out that radioactive water has been spilling into the sea almost since the initial disaster, at a rate of 75,000 gallons, or 300 tons, a day.

damn, that's not cool...the story says it's no big deal, I disagree though...build an ice wall...yeah right

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/08/world/asia/fukushima-nuclear-plant-radiation-leaks.html?ref=energy-environment&_r=3&pagewanted=all&
Last edited by Tempoe at Mar 4, 2017,
what the **** japan
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
They're tryna turn their fish into Gyrados, duh
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
"Trans Princess". You're bitching over nothing, and you know it.
You can tell they don't care there by the name.
Fuk-u-shima

They probably did it on purpose
"Dude, am I really thinking or am I, just like, thinking that I'm thinking?" -Bill Nye

CHIMPS>WOLVES

Quote by progdude93
I don't believe the Big Bang
Quote by Assid Rane
They're tryna turn their fish into Gyrados, duh

where's lance when you need him?

Quote by JustRooster
I wonder what took Japan that long to step in.

The $40 billion dollar energy company that specializes in and has handled that stuff for half a century said they'd take care of it.
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Don't worry, Americans are safe because they took iodine tablets long before this was brought to their attention.
This is the most badass thing ever. 'Oh no, radioactive water! Lets build a 100 foot wall of ice! Hmm, why's my hair falling out?'
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Thought that was a man dressed as a chicken for a sec in that pic from the article
Sail upon the open skies
Actual radiation levels are minimal, not really a big deal.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
I think what surprises me the most is that people assumed this whole ordeal was over and everything was fine just because they weren't seeing it on the news anymore.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by JustRooster
I wonder what took Japan that long to step in.

Oh, probably all the problems they've been dealing with since the Tsunami that hit Fukushima.
FUKASHEILA unprotected and you could die. FUKUSHIMA unprotected and we will all die...
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Quicker than training a Magikarp!

If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
It will get diluted lots.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by strat0blaster
I think what surprises me the most is that people assumed this whole ordeal was over and everything was fine just because they weren't seeing it on the news anymore.

What surprises me most is the knee jerk reaction from most people about nuclear power or power plants.. The ignorance astounds me.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

Quote by Arby911
Actual radiation levels are minimal, not really a big deal.

Fukushima has killed a grand total of zero people so far. The earthquake and tsunami killed 18,500 people. I think it should be fairly safe.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Considering 'radioactive water' is really vague and doesn't really say anything meaningful, and there are something on the order of three hundred billion billion gallons of water in the oceans, yeah, it's pretty much not a big deal.
300,000,000,000,000,000,000 gallons. 75,000 gallons is .0000000000000000...%

^And that's a wonderful graphic but without any actual INFORMATION it's useless. What does radioactive even mean, very slightly over average base readings? Extremely high readings? Without that knowledge the graphic is pointless.
"This one is machine and nerve, and has its mind concluded
This one is but flesh and faith, and is the more deluded."
Nuke the planet and just get it all over with. Lets let life be radioactive-resistant. Or maybe... RADIOACTIVELY ENHANCED! (dead)
Bumping this thread I made 3 years ago, out of the news, out of mind!

3-- tons every day until last month, but the big news is starting the removal of the rods in the next 3 months, and it looks unlikely to go smoothly to say the least.

Scientists say it could force the evacuation the entire N hemisphere...and Japan is toast right away, as well as all the oceans destroyed....nice.

why won't it take a.jpg?
Attachments:
fsdfs.pdf
Last edited by Tempoe at Mar 4, 2017,
Quote by Tempoe
Scientists say it could force the evacuation the entire N hemisphere...and Japan is toast right away, as well as all the oceans destroyed....nice.

Somehow I think this is extremely unlikely.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Quote by Victory2134
Somehow I think this is extremely unlikely.
Right? Everyone knows Japan is in the eastern hemisphere, seriously...
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: A bunch of forced listening by my composition teacher... some great stuff by Bach, Haydn, Mozart, Schubert, Liszt...

GTA V! ... the 120th game of the franchise.
This is fake news. You know it. I know it. Everybody knows it.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
well, if this does happen, rip everyone
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by Tempoe
They are starting removal of rods. A quote from a YALE Professor "All of humanity will be threatened for 1000s of years if 2 rods touch during removal" .. they are just a few mm apart and may also be damaged.
Some scientists say the N. Hemisphere may need to eventually be evacuated, radiation equal to 140,000 Hiroshima Bombs, 10 times more than Chernobyl is in the reactors. And it's MOX. the worst lethal power source, banned in most countries reactors.

The Yale professor needs to have his medication checked. Nuclear fuel rods in reactors are designed to be removed. They have to be when the fuel in them is exhausted. If two of them touch, nothing will happen. Two fuel rods do not a critical mass make. Not by a long shot. The rods in two of the reactors have probably melted beyond the ability to remove them by standard procedures, but if that is the case, then they are already touching one another and have been for a long time. And as for MOX (Mixed Oxide Fuel) being the worst lethal power source; utterly ridiculous. MOX is merely a process of recycling plutonium and mixing it with depleted uranium to be used as nuclear fuel, rather than plain old uranium oxide. Most reactors that use it are capable of using only about 33% MOX, though some of the newer ones can use up to 50% MOX. At least 40 nuclear reactors throughout Europe use MOX. It is just a way of recycling the spent fuel, which prevents it from ending up as toxic waste in a secure facility and saves a lot of money. It is not the trigger for an apocalypse.

How much radiation is in that reactor is debatable, but it is not at apocalyptic levels. And as for the Northern Hemisphere having to be evacuated, all of the bombs in the world wouldn't release that much radiation if they all exploded at once. Typical anti-nuke, tree-hugger drivel. There have been no radiation deaths as a result of the disaster, though a few workers have received dosages exceeding allowable lifetime limits and must not be exposed to any more radiation. Yes, Fukushima was a disaster and they are still cleaning it up, but the world continues on as it did before the earthquake, and it will continue to do so for a very long time.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Last edited by FatalGear41 at Mar 5, 2017,
This is literally fake news. Can we please mock him?
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by zgr0826
This is literally fake news. Can we please mock him?

Yes. The mocking... it's gunna be yuuuge.
Quote by chrismendiola
What did Shima ever do to deserve this?¿¿

Shima would not be his waifu/do something with his rod.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Shima would not be his waifu/do something with his rod.

(´・ω・`)
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Glad nobody is worried bout it. If you are under 20 yrs old, this will effect your life. Sea Life, Food, Air.

Do some proper research. lol wikipedia and what you are told by the cleanup company

At least FOX seems to chime in on this, David Suzuki has a lot to say about it too...he's not dumb.

I'll bump again in 3 years...see where we're at!
http://video.foxnews.com/v/5315777703001/?#sp=show-clips
Last edited by Tempoe at Mar 5, 2017,
Page 1 of 2