I am trying to find someone that makes a good version of a les paul studio, but with african blackwood fretboard..idk if anybody makes these. if you know, let me know! thx.
The closest thing is to find a LP studio in alpine white that was made before the raids.
ESP E-II Horizon FR
Gibson Flying V HET SET
ESP Eclipse II FM JB/Jazz
ESP M-II Deluxe EMG 81/SA
Marshall JCM2000 DSL/ JCM800 1960a cab
Tama Drums/ Sabian
i would settle on a copy with african blackwood as long as it was a decent guitar.
I don't know of any mass produced guitars using African Blackwood for fretboards. Ebony- which resembles it, yes. Rosewood- the family of woods to which it belongs, yes. Blackwood- never seen it.

I have seen custom shops and luthiers use it...but only on acoustics.

I do know that Gilmer Woods occasionally has some African Blackwood for use in instrument making- they have some right now, but its for clarinets. They might be able to get you a fretboard blank, though.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Aug 11, 2013,
Quote by gambit1983
the john mayer strat has one

It does not. It has a rosewood board.

No mass producing manufacturer makes an electric with an African Blackwood fretboard. This is quite simply because that wood is rare, expensive, and does not have any distinguishing acoustic properties.
...we came in?

Isn't this where...
According to the spec sheets at Musicians Friend and Sweetwater, that Strat uses "African Rosewood" which is a trade name covering a variety of woods, including bubinga and wenge, to name but two.

Edit: ninja'd
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!