Page 1 of 2
Pretty cool video but that mostly seemed pretty obvious

/personal promotion
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Yeah, like I said, it's definitely not a new issue, but I really enjoyed how it was put together.
It's hard for me to take soft sciences seriously, however, this seems like a solid idea.
That was quite impressive. It wasn't super preachy and didn't smack of "Bookface is the end of social interaction and empty screen lives blah blah blah." I think a lot of people have an idea of what it's talking about, but it was presented in a neat way.

It actually explains one of the reasons I like UG better than Reddit. Apart from me only having a Reddit account since May, I've found that I feel that my posts seem to "matter" more here than Reddit.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by rockingamer2

It actually explains one of the reasons I like UG better than Reddit. Apart from me only having a Reddit account since May, I've found that I feel that my posts seem to "matter" more here than Reddit.

agreed.

though we matter here more, the people here who matter, matter less than the rest.

some pigs are created more equal than others.
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Quote by metal4eva_22
It's hard for me to take soft sciences seriously, however, this seems like a solid idea.

That's funny, seeing as there's no universally accepted definition of what constitutes 'soft' science, therefore critiques of soft sciences are problematic in the way that they condemn in 'soft' sciences'.
we are all alone, in the same way that we are all one and represent a collective consciousness.

Quote by Harvey Swick
we are all alone, in the same way that we are all one and represent a collective consciousness.

wat?

Are you suggesting that we telepathically commune with some superconsciousness?
of course Atrain, how else would John Mayer be able to write songs about my life?

Quote by Harvey Swick
of course Atrain, how else would John Mayer be able to write songs about my life?
That's how stalking begins

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I like the pit.

In my darkest hours of loneliness, it was there.

And, well, made me feel alive when I was mega depressed.

But, to honest, I miss the times when we were kids and would go out and just be kids. None of this technology crap.
Quote by Philip_pepper
I like the pit.

But, to honest, I miss the times when we were kids and would go out and just be kids. None of this technology crap.

+1 to all of this.
ayy lmao
I am not lonely and I don't share anything on Facebook.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Philip_pepper
I like the pit.

Being out of touch with technology is good.

I went on holiday the other week, with only my phone to text people on, no internet, only had a laptop for evening single player gaming sessions, and I felt far less alone. than I am when I've got access to the internet.

Also...I went to the pub the other day and everyone was just sitting on their smartphones except me and I was like wtf.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by Philip_pepper
I like the pit.

Whenever I got out with my friends now, they all sit around on facebook on their phones, Aldous Huxley was pretty on the money
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Being out of touch with technology is good.

I went on holiday the other week, with only my phone to text people on, no internet, only had a laptop for evening single player gaming sessions, and I felt far less alone. than I am when I've got access to the internet.

Also...I went to the pub the other day and everyone was just sitting on their smartphones except me and I was like wtf.

I hate it when you're talking to people and they always go back to their phones...
Quote by Philip_pepper
I hate it when you're talking to people and they always go back to their phones...

Be more interesting then. I'd never do that to someone who was holding my attention
That was some freaking grand motion graphics.

Very well put together.

Now to actually watch the whole video.
Quote by willT08
Be more interesting then. I'd never do that to someone who was holding my attention

I guess it's kinda hard to hold conversations with a girl when her train of thought doesn't go beyond talking about Katie Price's biography.

EDIT: Next time it happens I'm gonna send them a text and ask if I'm boring them, cuz then I'll leave.
Video games is the invention of loneliness.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
The title says "invention of lonliness"
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by bradulator
Video games is the invention of loneliness.

Online multiplayer is. Why make an effort to connect with real people when you can just play with Zigblorx4687 over the internet?
Quote by CoreysMonster
Online multiplayer is. Why make an effort to connect with real people when you can just play with Zigblorx4687 over the internet?

Because Zigblorx4687 doesn't judge me.
Quote by Philip_pepper

4 of us, met up, went to the pub together. At one point in the night 3 of them were busy on their smartphones and I sat there desperately bored trying to make them talk.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
As an introvert most of that doesn't really apply to me. I've noticed it in other people though, and do think people should start realizing what they are doing to themselves.
Yay for more people trying to find a line somewhere to distinguish between 'real social interaction' and 'simulated social interaction'.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
This video reminds me of a few people an the way they look at life. People don't all experience the same things in life. This video is one big assumption. It isn't a very good representation of what happens in the average life. Or at least I don't do that...
Quote by EndTheRapture51
4 of us, met up, went to the pub together. At one point in the night 3 of them were busy on their smartphones and I sat there desperately bored trying to make them talk.

Which is why I hate places like that. Not because people are on their phones but because if you aren't talking to someone you have no choice but to be bored out of your mind. Go to the park or out doors with friends where your mind can wander and enjoy other aspects of life rather than being forced to sit and talk to people. Verbal interaction might be something needed in a social situation, but location location location. Bars and pubs suck. They're limiting physically and mentally. How the **** an I sposed to have a good time when all I can hear is shit music, an all I can see is desperation?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
Which is why I hate places like that. Not because people are on their phones but because if you aren't talking to someone you have no choice but to be bored out of your mind. Go to the park or out doors with friends where your mind can wander and enjoy other aspects of life rather than being forced to sit and talk to people. Verbal interaction might be something needed in a social situation, but location location location. Bars and pubs suck. They're limiting physically and mentally. How the **** an I sposed to have a good time when all I can hear is shit music, an all I can see is desperation?

Because you can't go to a park in the evening because you look like a peadophile and you can't go to the park in the day because everyone has work.

Quote by EndTheRapture51
Because you can't go to a park in the evening because you look like a peadophile and you can't go to the park in the day because everyone has work.

Lol wut? No you don't wtf? There's no time limit on going for a stroll In the park or going to a planned nature park.
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
Pretty cool video but that mostly seemed pretty obvious

/personal promotion

Basically this.

Though somehow, I see groups of people together and yet they all eventually end up texting other people on their phones.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
Lol wut? No you don't wtf? There's no time limit on going for a stroll In the park or going to a planned nature park.

You can't go hang out in a park, in winter, in the UK, in the dark, because it would be madness.

Quote by EndTheRapture51
You can't go hang out in a park, in winter, in the UK, in the dark, because it would be madness.

...aaaaand that's why I'm leaving.
Quote by Philip_pepper
...aaaaand that's why I'm leaving.

We'll all be happier for it you whiny prat
loneliness arrives when seeking external verification
when one distinguishes himself as his ego, acknowledging that society is but the group ego, the constituents of which are fabrications, integration becomes the process of binding nothing to nothing

there is no wealth to be found within this nothing
we've collected shit tonnes of nothing and feel empty

however, when one accepts that inside us there exists an infinite pit, we transcend the need for external verification as there no longer exists a frame of reference to which one can ascribe any sense of relativity

we're alone without even ourselves as company
we're together with everything

Quote by willT08
We'll all be happier for it you whiny prat

play nicely
It's interesting how it points out that phone and online conversations are misrepresentations of our real selves. I've thought about that a lot for the past few years, how easy it is to talk to new people and portray yourself as someone you aren't because you're able to plan what you say and can edit your conversation like the video said. It's easy to take for granted what you read in a text or post, but you don't get to know the actual person, you just get to know what/how they would ideally like you to know them. I think this leads to a lot of failing relationships. Not just boyfriend/girlfriend business but even friendships, because people don't actually know about each other.

Thinking about this kind of stuff is why I've gotten rid of Facebook and twitter and try to use my phone as a phone and not for carrying out text conversations all day.
Last.fm So you can make fun of my taste in music
Youtube So you can make fun of my videos
Last edited by bifteksupernova at Aug 11, 2013,
Page 1 of 2