Page 1 of 3
...sister and I don't share the same father.

It feels quite surreal.

The guy who we thought was our father is just my father, and he's not been in our lives much.

Sister is pretty devistated, I think.

I already had a half sister. Now I have two. I can make a whole sister.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Then who was phone?

Who is her father?
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
Then who was phone?

Who is her father?

Some guy. Never heard of him.

EDIT: Also found out that this is why me and my sister have my mother's maiden name as our surnames.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Last edited by guitarist41 at Aug 11, 2013,
And is he a better or a worse guy than your father?

Also your mother was quite a sleep around.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Damn, your mother must have been a right slut.
Quote by kertets
Only losers post their opinions on the internet.
Quote by Neo Evil11
And is he a better or a worse guy than your father?

Also your mother was quite a sleep around.

Word.

Seriously, though. I don't know what to make of this. I mean, it doesn't really change anything, but my mother and sister are crying and shit. When I knew my mother got of the phone with my sister and was crying, I was worried that something had happened to my nieces, so I was relieved to find out that it was just that my mother was a ho.
Quote by neidnarb11890
I know a guy who is in the same situation as you. Except his sibling thinks that they are fully related.
Quote by Novacane...
Damn, your mother must have been a right slut.

oh god
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
Quote by LostLegion
I know a guy who is in the same situation as you. Except his sibling thinks that they are fully related.

Yep.

Me and my (half) sister thought we had the same dad until about half an hour ago. She's 29, and I'm 23.
Quote by neidnarb11890
Quote by LostLegion
I know a guy who is in the same situation as you. Except his sibling thinks that they are fully retarded.

Read it as that.

That would have been better.
she's still your sister. I'm sure it's not a nice feeling but concretely it changes nothing
Quote by flexiblemile
she's still your sister. I'm sure it's not a nice feeling but concretely it changes nothing

This is the point I was trying to make to my mother.

It's funny, but I've always felt that she was withholding something from me.

My intuition is pretty awesome, tbh.
Quote by neidnarb11890
Quote by entity0009
*devastated

Noted.

Spelling and grammar are always important.

Thanks.
Quote by neidnarb11890
Quote by sam b
Read it as that.

That would have been better.

He's black so maybe...

I kid, I kid.
Could you not be doing something a little more important to help your mum and sister right now instead of posting about it here and giving yourself a pat on the back for your intuition?
It changes nothing, and if they're smart soon they'll see that. I've got 2 half sisters and a half brother I rarely see, so I do not care that much about them. That has to do with the situation though and me not seeing them often, not that I simply wouldn't care about 'half'-siblings. If you care about them and (have) live(d) with them, it doesn't matter; That's your family.
Tell me who's that writin'...
Last edited by Kylianvb at Aug 11, 2013,
This calls for some Pearl Jam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM0zINtulhM
Quote by CV334

Sir, the contents of my mouth just blew all over my keyboard, desk, and part of my monitor. For the record, it was slightly chewed Keebler cookies and coffee slurry.

The average pitmonkey's response to my jokes.
Quote by willT08
Could you not be doing something a little more important to help your mum and sister right now instead of posting about it here and giving yourself a pat on the back for your intuition?

Nope.

Just feels good to know that I was right and not crazy.
Quote by neidnarb11890
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
You and your sister can bone now and it would only be half as wrong.

....too far?

Dammit I came here to say that.
Quote by guitarist41
Yep.

Me and my (half) sister thought we had the same dad until about half an hour ago. She's 29, and I'm 23.

Quote by guitarist41
The guy who we thought was our father is just my father, and he's not been in our lives much.

I don't understand why she's devastated.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

Quote by naedauuf

She's already an emotional wreck.

I think it's something she's had questions about for years.
Quote by neidnarb11890
Quote by Thrill-house
She's still your sister, shouldn't bother you that much.

It doesn't bother me.

It just feels kind of surreal, and my mother and sister aren't dealing with it very well.
Quote by neidnarb11890
Quote by guitarist41
It doesn't bother me.

It just feels kind of surreal, and my mother and sister aren't dealing with it very well.

My question is, why is your mother taking it hard?

Since your mother is the one who had herself a marry old time sleeping about, I'd assume she kinda already knew?

Or is she one of those happily deluded people who think that the crap they did in the past WON'T come back in the future? (No offense to your mother, of course - if that is a case, I envy her).
Quote by naedauuf

because the guy she thought was her dad for 30 years, isn't....
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by DystoCreativity
My question is, why is your mother taking it hard?

Since your mother is the one who had herself a marry old time sleeping about, I'd assume she kinda already knew?

Or is she one of those happily deluded people who think that the crap they did in the past WON'T come back in the future? (No offense to your mother, of course - if that is a case, I envy her).

I don't really know.

My family always say I'm arrogant for this type of thing, but I keep saying that there's no point in feeling bad about it. I mean, the Sun is still shining and tonight's T.V. schedule hasn't changed.
Quote by neidnarb11890
awesome thread and respones.

the concept of family is invention. it doesnt exist in nature, its just one of the systems that we came up, all imaginary, much like our social structures, economies etc.

after reaching 18 i told my family not to contact me without necesity for it - someone is dying, giving birth. since then my life has been,well not better but simpler.

my point is, family and all that shit is BS.
Me and my brother don't have the same dad, I don't call him my half-brother because we were raised as siblings, he's still my brother, I don't think you should now start calling her your half-sister, she's still your sister.
Quote by Elderer

the concept of family is invention. it doesnt exist in nature

Nope, parents rearing their young until they're able to fend for themselves turns up in quite a lot of species mate
Quote by Elderer
awesome thread and respones.

the concept of family is invention. it doesnt exist in nature, its just one of the systems that we came up, all imaginary, much like our social structures, economies etc.

after reaching 18 i told my family not to contact me without necesity for it - someone is dying, giving birth. since then my life has been,well not better but simpler.

my point is, family and all that shit is BS.

I feel this way too, but I don't say it because I don't want to make them feel bad.
Quote by neidnarb11890
Quote by Elderer

Wrong.
Quote by willT08
Nope, parents rearing their young until they're able to fend for themselves turns up in quite a lot of species mate

thats just nurturing. basic instinct. but this thing , we humans have , that informing about what I feel, think and sharing stuff and all the rest I had to take(my family has Christian background) was awful. by law they are forced to take some sort of care of me until 18 and then '' FU!'', which I did.

edit: i see a hole in my argument but lazy to think atm.
I was in the same situation growing up. It feels like crap for a while, but you get over it. It really didn't change anything for me, except that I didn't meet my "real dad" until I was 21 (who turned out to be a cool guy), but the guy who raised me - my siblings' father - was a great guy, so the way I see it is that I just have two dads and a mom.

"Half sibling" or "step parent" are just words. It's the emotional attachment and personal bond that make up siblings and parents, not DNA.
Page 1 of 3