Hello, I am going to purchase a Floyd Rose Special Bridge for my BC Rich Warlock and I would like advice on the steps I should take installing this locking tremolo bridge. I know I have to rut the body of my guitar, and drill a lot of holes. I'm sure I could figure it out, but I would feel more confident cutting a hole in my guitar after getting some advice.

Guitar: BC Rich Warlock Bronze Series Guitar, Black, tuning pegs on one side of headstock, 6 strings, 2 humbucker pickups

Bridge: Floyd Rose Special Tremolo Bridge with R3 Nut
Well first things first you need to figure out just how in the hell you're going to fit the locking nuts on there.
Actually, the first thing would be to ask yourself if it's really worth routing a Bronze Series Warlock. For the cost of all the tools and machines you need to properly route out a guitar (this is assuming it's currently a hard tail) you could buy a pretty well made guitar that comes fitted with a floyd.

Unless you already have loads of experience routing and have access to all the machines, there's absolutely no point in doing this. If you want to do it for the experience even, you're better off learning to route on blanks of wood I'd imagine. There's too much room to mess up after the amount of money you can fork into this.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
^ you nailed it. Its really not worth it at all.

The cut has to to be the right depth and the location matters as well. If you are out 10mm you may not be able to get the intonation correct...

The route need to be on the front and back of the guitar. At your experience level it will not be easy and most likely a mistake will be made that will make it un-playable. I hate to say this but if you have to ask how its done its probably over your skill level.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
I tried this back when my main guitar was a Epiphone SG and I went to a guitar tech and asked to get Floyd rose, different paint job, etc. And the guy flat out refused to do it, saying that it wasn't worth it and I should keep it the way I had it. I was so pissed because you was so dismissive of my request and kept turning his back after making a point

I thought at the time that he was a cocky douche bag, lol. But he wound up saving me a big headache.
Quote by xaviersykora
Well is there any way I could get a somewhat similar vibrato/tremolo onto my warlock?

Are you looking to do crazy floyd style antics that Eddie Van Halen or Steve Vai would do? Or just a bit of simple chordal vibrato to add a little flavour? If it's the former I'm not aware of any product that could do it without routing. For the latter, I'd suggest a Bigsby, but that would look both ridiculous and possibly not even fit onto a radical design such as a Warlock.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
Quote by Lavatain
Are you looking to do crazy floyd style antics that Eddie Van Halen or Steve Vai would do? Or just a bit of simple chordal vibrato to add a little flavour? If it's the former I'm not aware of any product that could do it without routing. For the latter, I'd suggest a Bigsby, but that would look both ridiculous and possibly not even fit onto a radical design such as a Warlock.

Well I would love to have crazy Floyd style antics, but I would still love a little chordal vibrato. I was looking at the xtrem top mount by guitarfetish.com but I'm not sure it would fit under my bridge.
Quote by xaviersykora
Well I would love to have crazy Floyd style antics, but I would still love a little chordal vibrato. I was looking at the xtrem top mount by guitarfetish.com but I'm not sure it would fit under my bridge.

Having a look at the xtrem just now I don't think it'd have enough space to fit behing a warlock's TOM. It wouldn't be capable of floyd style antics either. If that's what you're after I really do suggest getting a guitar with one in. I understand the problem is you can't cheap out on them either though. The cheap ones really are terrible.