Page 1 of 2
Has anyone here ever taken furniture and whatnot and put it somewhere, and made it into your own spot to chill?

In case that wasn't clear enough, which I doubt it was, I basically mean this: my friends and I were looking for a spot to smoke outside (we weren't able to do it inside), and so we walked into a forest and about 50 meters in we found a clearing. We decided that this would become the spot, and walked around the surrounding streets looking for couches, chairs, tables, etc. Whatever we could find. After about 2 weeks of collecting furniture from the area, we ended up with a pretty big carpet, 2 office chairs, 2 couches, a table, and a tarp (which we bought).

Anyone else do something similar?
i have about 4 different hang out spots around the city

stories
umm well i have one its in the LA river we tied some rope to some rubber things and hung them off the bridge from the freeway that goes over the river we made about 3 swings and surprisingly after a year or so theyre still there..cpet for one that broke i assume other people have been using it
Last edited by supersac at Aug 11, 2013,
me and my homies had the sickest spot on the planet
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
My group of friends and I have a set up on an island in the Ohio river. We'll all kayak out there and sit on benches and get drunk/high and fish. When the sun goes down we make a fire and either set up tents to camp or bring blankets up to the tree-houses we've built out there. After summer the water rises enough to flood all but the tree-houses, then next summer we rebuild all of the tables and benches from drift wood and party again. I love that place, it's perfect for escaping the every day trouble and also for escaping zombies, potentially.
"Dude, am I really thinking or am I, just like, thinking that I'm thinking?" -Bill Nye

CHIMPS>WOLVES

Quote by progdude93
I don't believe the Big Bang
Quote by Burgery
me and my homies had the sickest spot on the planet

Do share.

I also forgot to mention that we also have this bench at our spot, I usually sit on that, while my other friend sits on the leather sofa. On the rare occasion that my other friend goes there, he either gets one of the office chairs or the other side of the sofa.
Well I was basically in the countryside and we were 9,10 and 11 year olds out roaming the fields and we found a dug out hole in the ground and it was pretty much a dumping ground. So we found a TV, a fridge, oven and basically made this dumping ground into a little house. We used corrugated roof as a table and it was ****ing cray. Then one day some digger filled up the hole and we were devastated.
During my law school days, my friends and I spent countless hours on the fourth floor at the same spot. Whilst many people tended to leave around 9pm, we made the fourth floor our home, literally. My law school was open all hours you see with the showers downstairs and canteen. Most of us brought our own home comforts like teddies, cushions, plants and inflatable beds. Fun times - even if the studying was really intense, I miss hanging out on the fourth floor. In fact, at one point our location on facebook profiles all said 4th Floor lol. Everyone knew us as the guys who lived there.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

I had several hangouts as a kid, but as we remained pretty active we never had chairs or anything.

Unless you count the tree we fooled around in, because it was basically one big chair.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by HypernovaGlow
My group of friends and I have a set up on an island in the Ohio river. We'll all kayak out there and sit on benches and get drunk/high and fish. When the sun goes down we make a fire and either set up tents to camp or bring blankets up to the tree-houses we've built out there. After summer the water rises enough to flood all but the tree-houses, then next summer we rebuild all of the tables and benches from drift wood and party again. I love that place, it's perfect for escaping the every day trouble and also for escaping zombies, potentially.

you fish in the ohio river?
#DTWD
as a kid i dug a huge ass hole and put a couch in it. then layed some corrugated iron over it as a roof
I used to have a spot in the woods I used to go to relax at but then a pack of coyotes claimed it
ayy lmao
Quote by primusfan

We don't eat the fish.
"Dude, am I really thinking or am I, just like, thinking that I'm thinking?" -Bill Nye

CHIMPS>WOLVES

Quote by progdude93
I don't believe the Big Bang
when i was in high school we just "re-appropriated" some picnic tables in the area so that they would have their value to the community increased. Flat surfaces & somewhere to sit is vital for a group of stoned slackers in the woods by the creek.

also did the same with a picnic table for the smoke spot i had at my parents house. ~10 minute walk to a small forested area that nobody would really go to for some reason. very tiny little rocky beach with bigger rocks on the one side for cover on the shore. brought a picnic table out there lol, just look out at lake ontario in peace and quiet. good place 2 get away from it all and calm down a bit. bring some lunch and a bong and chill.

i would not sit on used furniture that has spent an extended period of time outside. thats honestly pretty gross to me.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
i would not sit on used furniture that has spent an extended period of time outside. thats honestly pretty gross to me.

Only one of the couches is able to be sat on (the other one had an encounter with fire...), and I do agree it's pretty gross, which is why I sit on the bench.
yeah. when i was younger me and some friends built a hangout in the woods and called it Bongalore.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
I never did this when I was a kid, now I want to so badly
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
I use my bedroom of my base of operations/hideaway from the rest of civilisation.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger

FTW
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Quote by chookiecookie
I used to have a spot in the woods I used to go to relax at but then a pack of coyotes claimed it

You should have stayed and became one with the pack. Gained their trust and become a wolf man. You missed your chance man.
I have a loft area above my garage. I got a couple couches and chairs. nice big carpet, speakers, tv, fooseball table, Christmas lights and weird orb lights for lighting some tables, place was so sweet in middle school then I stopped going up there and my sister got in it... place went to shit after that and now I'm a senior in high school and I forgot about it until now.
tpt
My buddies' house is pretty good place to just hang out. We'll just drop by unexpectedly and spend pretty much all of our time outside in this one spot. Just outside the house we have a picnic table set up that always has people around it. We'll smoke in the general purpose room then hang outside at the table and drink beers, play cards, guitar, hockey, whatever. Not exactly the same thing but my favourite spot to chill. I plan on doing the same thing on my deck at my house at school.
Last.fm So you can make fun of my taste in music
Youtube So you can make fun of my videos
Wouldn't all the furniture get wet and full of bugs?
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by primusfan

You should know this, but the Ohio River is a lot cleaner than it used to be, in terms of pollution. It still looks like shit most of the time, but that's just stirred up sediment. Nothing can be done about that.

That said, I'd still opt out of eating fish from the river.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~

But with a couch.
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
My basement smells like dog pee, so no one really goes down there. But a while ago, I had a Wii down there, an old couch, and a leg lamp. Since no one else would go down there, I could use it as my own mancave. Spent a lot of hours down there watching anime and old movies on Netflix. Had my first makeout session down there.
this house is bitchin
Actually, come to think of it, the utility room in the garage is somewhat like a little hideaway. I use it for practicing and occasionally relaxing in when I'm writing.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Page 1 of 2