Page 1 of 2
Is there a common denominator between the best pieces you've written? Do you write your best music when you're happy? Or after you've exerted yourself all day and you're physically exhausted?

Or do you not know? (boring af)

Personally, I write my best music when I'm hopeful. WHAT ABOOT YOU GUISE!
in my head while at work or away from my guitar so I forget everything by the time I get back.

I like writing when it rains too.
Usually when I feel somewhat good about myself I think.

When I'm sad I usually feel like I can't do anything so that doesn't lead to a lot of good things being made. Even if what I do leans toward a more melancholy sound
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by Dreadnought
Emotional, usually

Is there any single emotion that typifies your music writing?

I said hopeful, but it's more like inner conflict tinged with hope.
I don't really write music anymore. I write my best short stories after a long walk or on sleepless nights (although this might just be a self-fulfilling prophecy: I can't sleep for a little while so I try to write, get into writing and then pull an all-nighter to get all my ideas down.

Poems always seem to turn out best if written drunk and then reviewed sober.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by progdude93
Is there any single emotion that typifies your music writing?

I don't think so, no. They run the gamut
My God, it's full of stars!
Mostly when I'm done reading or listening to something new. Other forms of media inspire me; also, my friends, my woman, and my ex-women.
"Dude, am I really thinking or am I, just like, thinking that I'm thinking?" -Bill Nye

CHIMPS>WOLVES

Quote by progdude93
I don't believe the Big Bang
I wrote my best song/ guitar solo right after my last girlfriend broke up with me
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
After listening to a new awesome band/song usually. Or a band/song that I'm really into at the moment. It gives me inspiration.
Quote by pawnluv
I wrote my best song/ guitar solo right after my last girlfriend broke up with me

Get back together again so she can break up with you again. That should give you 3-4 songs worth of material.
I call my bitches and I'm like, write dis shit fo me foo', thens rollin dimes, know'am'sayin'.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by progdude93
Is there a common denominator between the best pieces you've written? Do you write your best music when you're happy? Or after you've exerted yourself all day and you're physically exhausted?
In all seriousness, subjectively speaking, I write whatever I'm writing best when I'm feeling at my lowest. Maybe it's because my own personal expectations are so low that nothing could be as bad as I expected.
In my room with all my instruments. No distractions, no stupid comments, no people. But then again, im a one man band
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

I write my best music years ago. Best music I never composed since, because compose I never do. Lyrics ain't my thing at all, so having a good tune doesn't go anywhere.
I dunno how to describe the feeling when I usually write. I don't write music, but I write poems and stories and stuff.

I usually feel really "open", and tend to enjoy things a lot more--especially nature. It's like a state of elation. A statelation.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I'll just dick around on my piano till something cool pops up and try running with it. Ends up sounding shitty if I try codifying it or sommething
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
when i'm taking a dump. but only when i'm relatively energetic.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
When I'm inspired; after I've just seen a good film or even seen something in real life. Also, I tend to write my best pieces in one sitting, even if that's from 9pm til 4am.
Rotten Playground
Listen to me and Jameh muck about on a podcast
as if you have anything better to do.

Quote by Reverend_Taco
Grass stains on my dicks

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Pfft. Gay? Nah, gay is the manliest sex that exists.
Usually when I'm coming down from a substance high, excluding alcohol. Also when I'm trying to sleep and/ or dreaming.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Quote by blake1221
in my head while at work or away from my guitar so I forget everything by the time I get back.

I like writing when it rains too.

Yup.
Quote by killjoy_bentley
you're so intelligent
At random. It just happens, like a thunder from a clear sky.
Quote by ChemicalFire
You get my first ever lolstack

The image in my head is just too funny for words at this point

Aw yeah.
I write my best music when the piece I'm writing turns out to be better than the other ones.
When I should have been asleep hours ago and I have work in the morning, apparently.
🙈 🙉 🙊
4:30am

Same time i write all my music, late night, after a bowl, before i go to bed after a snack. Iv got at least 4 hours of 2 minute ish long songs like that.
I come up with nice tunes whenever i feel like it. I just do this - practice, play some licks, and if i feel like writing some new stuff i just play whatever comes to my mind first. I try then to stick it to some rythm pattern or a groove and if i feel like it give it some kind of a feel that i want at the moment. And usually the first recordings are the best so i do a hundred more takes and i'm not satisfied with it and leave it lying for about a week or so and then come back to it and do it from scratch.
I believe it happend when I'm really drifting.
Sadness is good of course, but when you just start playing with your head empty, music enters.
Page 1 of 2