Page 1 of 2
What's your "go-to" axe? If you had to shrink your rig to 1 of your guitars, what would it be? (One's you have owned or own right now.) This is not a "best in the world" question. Just your personal favorite in your lineup.

(I'm not sure I can choose even just between the 2 I have. My Schecter because it's the first guitar I bought on my own, or the Strat because it was my dad's.)

I read another thread that got closed so as not to start arguments. If this is too close to a "Best in the world" thread I apologize. No arguments please. Just your personal preference on feel and sound and sentimental reasons of the instrument itself.
Last edited by GraceByDeath at Aug 11, 2013,
Mine would either be my Schecter 006 or most like my Ibanez SA220FM TP. Both gone in trades.
Last edited by Darkdevil725 at Aug 12, 2013,
Probably either my Dean Time Capsule Cadillac or my Jon Kammerer semihollow (the one he currently calls the Scorpius).
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I have a iridescent white late 80s Epiphone by Gibson(made by Samik lol) s/s/h superstrat that has sharktooth inlays I got for $40.

I replaced the trashed Bender trem with a Jackson FR trem, shimmed the neck, and put a Super distortion in the bridge. Plays sweet sounds killer. Neck is a perfect blend of Fender baseball bat type and thin shredder with huge frets for a guitar this vintage. Stays in tune for weeks and I aint afraid to mess it up sort of. It gets played more than my expensive guitars because it just feels soooo good. For a cheap POS I would cry if anything would happen to it.
What the hell!!!
I really love my American Tele. Got it for my 16th birthday and have been using it exclusively except for acoustic
My modded American Special Strat.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
right now id say my ibby rg but its been gigged hard for years and was befre i got it
it plays like a dream but its getting real beat up might have to be retired from gigs soon
right now, my partscaster strat. HSS, 7 way switching, plus phasing options and coil tap. I'm pretty much never bored with that axe.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

Quote by kurt_cobain9
right now, my partscaster strat. HSS, 7 way switching, plus phasing options and coil tap. I'm pretty much never bored with that axe.

im planning on making a bitching sweet partscaster. yours sounds great, got any pics?

my go to atm is a old harmony rocket, its a piece of shit but no other guitar is anywhere near as fun to jam on
Easily my Ibanez RG J.Custom...
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
At the moment it's my R9.

It's making me wonder why I need all my other guitars.
Until a few months ago I had about 7 or 8 guitars, the main one was always my LP Studio (the worn brown satin model). Kind of unsurprising as the others were mostly cheaper models (Electromatic Projet, MIM Tele & a few starter-type guitars).

It got to the point where I played the others so infrequently I sold them all to buy my other LP Studio so I now have 2 main guitars - the worn brown model is still favourite though.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
My used LTD Viper 1000 with passive duncans. I love the ebony fretboard and it sounds great.
my 2004 strat or my 2011 mayones setius gtm6.
it's versatility vs sheer awesomeness.
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
Would have to be my C-1 Classic as it's the most versatile guitar (and the best quality) I have even though I probably play it less than my others normally due to what I usually play. It's my E-Eb guitar and most of what I play around on is in drop C-B.
Right now, my Les Paul. Mainly because I'm playing lots of Rocksmith right now so lots of tuning changes.

Carl
Fender Telecaster and HSS Stratocaster - Epiphone Les Paul 1960 Tribute Plus
Ibanez GSR200
Fender Princeton Reverb - Fender Rumble 75
Morley Bad Horsey Wah - Boss BD-2 | CS-3 | DS-1 | MT-2 | ODB-3
Peavey PV14 - IPR 3000 - PR15
Must be the way it fits my hands, my rg1570. The stock pickups aren't very good and it's one of my least expensive guitars, but if I'm just picking something up to noodle, it gets the call.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
My PRS CE22
It just feels right and can do just about anything I want. The Dragon II's in it sound good with any style I play. It is a 2002 I bought new. It has been my main giging guitar since I bought it. It has had to have ZERO adjustments to truss-rod, intonation, action and it still plays amazing.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
My SG. It's "gone up against" various guitars and it hasn't been beaten for me. The right Les Paul or ES-style guitar might be able to, but I have yet to find one.
ALWAYS gonna be my Classic Player Jazzmaster.
Love the thing, plays amazingly, sounds great, very stable with tuning and heavy bending/whammy use.
Plus pretty damn versatile with it's high-output JM single coils.

and it has to be said ITT: a lot of Schecter
My Ibanez RG421 w/ EMGs, probably. I only have 2 guitars and I can't find the stupid spring for one of them.
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
my Ernie Ball Musicman Albert Lee HH. It's just the most comfortable and playable guitar i have, by a long way. Sounds awesome, too. Full and rich, but also clear and defined without being in any way harsh - it seems like the pickups have no sharp spikes in their frequency response at all. If i knew exactly what the pickups were (i know they are dimarzios, but i think they are custom made for EBMM) i'd get myself a load of them to go in my other humbucker equipped guitars.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
If I absolutely HAD to go with 1 guitar, I'd probably stick a humbucker in my strat and go with that. Shudders just to think about it.
My Gibson Les Paul.
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
Quote by Blompcube
If i knew exactly what the pickups were (i know they are dimarzios, but i think they are custom made for EBMM) i'd get myself a load of them to go in my other humbucker equipped guitars.

Contact DiMarzio- unless they're under some special agreement with EBMM to keep those HBs rare, I'm sure they'd be happy to sell you some. They are a business, after all.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
My Gibson '68 V. I love the pickups, the neck profile is one of the most comfortable I've ever played, super low action, it's super light and balances perfectly.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Aug 12, 2013,
Realistically, I'd go with my PRS Custom 22 - highly versatile, great components, great sound.

But the one I still pick up and play for hours is my very first electric - a Japanese 50th anniversary Fender Stratocaster my dad bought me from a guitar show at a discounted £250. It plays beautifully, sounds better than most American strat's I've played and is covered in chips and dings that make it feel 'homely'
My new Schecter omen extreme, because it's drop tuned in C and I usually play in low tunings. Plus I like the jumbo frets compared to the medium ones on my Ibanez.

Pickups aren't great, but then neither are the Ibanez's. haven't invested in upgrading yet and probably won't for a while.
Quote by Jwleggett
a Japanese 50th anniversary Fender Stratocaster my dad bought me from a guitar show at a discounted £250. It plays beautifully, sounds better than most American strat's I've played and is covered in chips and dings that make it feel 'homely'

****ing bargain.

Pictures!!!
1989 Jap Strat. "It's not a REAL Strat," but it's made and sounds better than any Strat I've picked up since I bought it. This SX '61 LP Special RI knockoff project is proving itself to be a close second.
My go to has always been my '79 Epiphone Genesis Standard. It's got a seriously hot PAF bridge humbucker that I swapped into it around 1986 because the original p'up died on me, and the original neck h'bucker with coil tapping (seriously edgy for 1979). It plays better than most Les Pauls I've tried, and even though it weighs in at around 235,000 lbs (it's a *solid* chunk of mahogany) it is the most comfortable axe I've ever owned! Granted, it needs some work after being my number one for more than 30 years, but with some minimal work and investment it will be the world class guitar it's been since I bought it new! btw, the new reissue is exremely nice, and it may be a little more versatile with the new electronic layout, but the original is still superior by far...it plays better, sounds better, and just feels like an overall better guitar!

Since my first love, my glorious old Epi is kinda down and out temprarily, I'm gonna go with the bloody transparent red 2011 BC Rich Mockingbird ST my son got me for Christmas/my 48th birthday in 2012...it's all stock, but with 60 different tonal options using the individual coil tap and out-of-phase mini toggles and the five way Varitone switch to enhance the three way selector controlling the Duncan designed humbuckers, who needs mods? lol! Oh, it's the first Floyd equipped guitar I've ever owned in my almost 40 years of playing, so it's given me a whole new world of shreddability (along with the lightning fast neck topped off with an ebony fretboard), massive amounts of wang-goodness to top off the tonal nirvana and the blazing playability! Yeah, with a nice amp to drive it (my '98 Fender Hot Rod Deville 410 with a Marshall 1922 212 cabinet underneath it for extra oomph works *real* nice), it's the ultimate all around guitar, handling everything from gnarly, grinding slow hand blues to uber-shreddy thrasher metal riffs equally as well!
Quote by jaybals
ALWAYS gonna be my Classic Player Jazzmaster.
Love the thing, plays amazingly, sounds great, very stable with tuning and heavy bending/whammy use.
Plus pretty damn versatile with it's high-output JM single coils.

Hey, me too. My black CP Jazzmaster is basically my only recording and touring guitar, unless I fancy using an SG on a track or using my backup (squier jazzmaster) on stage.
Dude, where's my band?
If i had to pick one then it would be my LTD MH 400 NT. Its been my first "proper" guitar too and i just love everything about it (changed the emg 85 to a emg 60 though)

If i were allowed two then id have my fender tele custom HH. Again just a lovely guitar for everything, got coil splits so it still gets the tele twang
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Page 1 of 2