Alright, I'm gonna start off by saying that i work in a super market. I started working as a bagger. It was bloody terrible, easy as all hell, but still terrible. Needless to say I still worked hard and had a good relationship with my manager. Well a couple weeks ago I recieved a promotion, I'm now in a different department where most of my time revolves around cutting up fruit and stocking shelves. I know I'm still new and I'll get the hang of everything eventually, but I still move much slower than my co-workers after doing this for 2-3 weeks and I'm beging to think the dept. manageris annoyed with me. Yesterday I just seemed like a total idiot on the job, that or it looked like it was my first day and was given no training. And today, I was pushing a cart filled and when I went to push the cart through the door a bin of canalope just spilled all over the place. I've done this a billion times already and I'm always careful but the bin just fell anyways.

Basically I get the feeling I have bad luck and may be demoted soon. Anyone wanna give there input? Or share similar experiences, not just dealing with the work place but out in public. To be honest I don't even know why I made this thread.
Please call me Rainer, was 16 and empty minded when I made my profile.

Sometimes I talk to myself too...but never on the internet.
i wouldn't worry about it.

the Shop Rite in Flemington has had the laziest dumbest ****s working there for a while.

you've only been there a month right? accidents happen. you'll get better.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
One time I played the lottery with these numbers that my friend at insane asylum was constantly muttering, and I ended up winning a buttload of money and I bought a chicken restaurant but it was hit and destroyed by a meteor.
Listen. I'm sorry.
**** 'em. its not like its your first day as a heart surgeon. if they get their panties in such a wad about that shit then you have better things to worry about
Bro you work in a supermarket. It's not like they're expecting you to be the best and brightest. If you show up to work sober, pass all your drug tests, and don't actively try to find ways to do nothing you're ahead of half the guys there.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by Mind Kill
Stop being clumsy, maybe you need glasses.

I wear contacts. And you all got a point, everything will turn out alright I just overreact I guess.
Please call me Rainer, was 16 and empty minded when I made my profile.

Sometimes I talk to myself too...but never on the internet.
Be honest with your manager and just say that you really like the new position but are still getting the hang of it and that your willing to work hard to be really good at it. I work at Kmart and they needed somebody to stock the toy freight as the last person got fired for not doing it right. I was like yeah I can do it till my semester starts. First they don't tell me important things about the role so I did it wrong for like two weeks, fine I fixed the problem. Then we get holiday stuff now and new items which are a pain. I couldn't get all the freight out fast enough, their system is stupid. The manager jokingly said that he needed to crack the whip on me, and I told him the whip done cracked itself and that they need a better system or more people in that department, and I reminded him that the only reason the last person got all the freight out in time was because they were doing it wrong. I concluded to my managers that my time in that area is short and that it'll be the next persons problem and that unless they change something, that person will have the same problems. I'm just happy to be back in the garden shop now.
A bassist is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.

The Pit operates under a pseudo-Murphy’s Law state of mind. You can make a comment and "whatever wrong assumption that can be made about it, will be made about it."
Last edited by guitarist5477 at Aug 12, 2013,
Quote by vilk
One time I played the lottery with these numbers that my friend at insane asylum was constantly muttering, and I ended up winning a buttload of money and I bought a chicken restaurant but it was hit and destroyed by a meteor.

+1
"Could everyone please stop sounding like everyone else that's trying to sound like meshuggah?"

-Emil Werstler

Quote by damian_91
Kurt Cobain, the best guitarist to ever live.

The thing I have with a dude working in our kitchen is that he is very slow, though he has been "starting at it" for longer than you have. The problem with him is that he is so scared to make mistakes that he just doesn't do anything in time. Maybe you can focus a bit on getting stuff done on time, and not focus on the quality that much. Not that you do a shitty job then, but just shift the focus a bit to get it in time first, and then watch the quality of your job.
When I first started out at my last programming job, the first few months consisted of me constantly having technical problems and making mistakes with the version control software.

I wasn't responsible for the technical problems, and I made so many mistakes with version control because I was never properly shown how to use it and what NOT to do. This created a whole lot of tension between me and my boss, because while he realised most of what happened wasn't my fault, it was still extremely aggravating to have me constantly be held from working because of crap like that.

(Eventually everything worked out all right, then I got moved to another project, and had the coolest and nicest boss I've ever had, and all the work went smoothly and quickly. )

Yeah, bad luck at work sucks, especially if it's non-stop and really not your fault, but ehh like people have said, you're in a supermarket. Unless you want to be working there for a long time, don't worry about it.
Quote by Fwenx
The thing I have with a dude working in our kitchen is that he is very slow, though he has been "starting at it" for longer than you have. The problem with him is that he is so scared to make mistakes that he just doesn't do anything in time. Maybe you can focus a bit on getting stuff done on time, and not focus on the quality that much. Not that you do a shitty job then, but just shift the focus a bit to get it in time first, and then watch the quality of your job.

This.

When I worked as a cleaner, my first few shifts I spent so long trying to make sure everything was perfect that I ended up having to stay like an extra hour each time to get my work done. Then I decided to just get as much done as I could whilst keeping up pace and if it wasn't good enough I'd just take the firing.

Firing never came
DOn't stress out about it.

Just be more careful, and always ask for help with stuff that you're really not sure about.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Quote by willT08
This.

When I worked as a cleaner, my first few shifts I spent so long trying to make sure everything was perfect that I ended up having to stay like an extra hour each time to get my work done. Then I decided to just get as much done as I could whilst keeping up pace and if it wasn't good enough I'd just take the firing.

Firing never came

I always take longer than other people to do things for this reason. (Except when I was a mail sorter)

From uni work to household chores. Always try to do the best job I can.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o