Quote by johnnykbop
Perhaps you'd be better off asking a PRS forum?

Maybe you're right, but I thought I'd try my luck here first.. (idk why)
fake.

curious - how much did your friend pay and what is he asking?

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Aug 12, 2013,
Quote by gregs1020
fake.

curious - how much did your friend pay and what is he asking?

That's funny, I've had the same picture up for 5 minutes now just staring at the signature
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier HD Multi-Watt
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100MLB
1960 A&B cabs
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Schecter C1+ (modded)
LTD EC-1000vb
Blueridge 160 CE
BOSS | TU-3 | DD-7
Line 6 G-50 wireless
Jesus, what happened to that logo?

^And Sumo, you might want to edit that quadruple post of yours.
REGGIE
Quote by LeakyFlask
Jesus, what happened to that logo?

^And Sumo, you might want to edit that quadruple post of yours.

10-4 good buddy
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier HD Multi-Watt
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100MLB
1960 A&B cabs
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Schecter C1+ (modded)
LTD EC-1000vb
Blueridge 160 CE
BOSS | TU-3 | DD-7
Line 6 G-50 wireless
That looks suspiciosuly like a fake put together by a non-English speaking individual who doesn't know the headstock logo is supposed to be the name "Paul Reed Smith" and has instead simply done is best to approximate the seeminlgly abstract shape he's been asked to copy...
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I was suspicious of the signature too because it misses the m in Smith and some other deformaties...

I sent an email with the pictures and the serial number to Matt from PRS and this guitar was confirmed as a replica - meaning it is not genuine PRS.

I'm really bummed out but thats life I guess...

Thanks everyone!
You can get a brand new one for around $300 delivered to the US.

They appear to be good considering. There are reviews of the Chinese copies on YouTube. If you don't care it's a fake and you like it , buy it. Just don't pay a lot.
Last edited by D_M_I at Aug 12, 2013,
sure thing, that was an easy one.

we saw many of those come into the store when i worked there a few years back. we called the "Paul Reed Sith's".

that's a bad one.

the gold hardware is cheap and fake. PRS gold hardware, or in this case, "artist" model hardware is completely different. the knobs, could have been replaced, but they aren't prs knobs. the headstock, the tuners, the logo, the nut, how far the fretboard goes after the last fret...

i stopped looking there.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by D_M_I
You can get a brand new one for around $300 delivered to the US.

They appear to be good considering. There are reviews of the Chinese copies on YouTube. If you don't care it's a fake and you like it , buy it. Just don't pay a lot.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it illegal to knowingly buy a fake guitar?
That looks like a totally genuine Porl Pnod Stx.

I mean, seriously. Wtf
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by samjbow
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it illegal to knowingly buy a fake guitar?

Not if it's for personal use. They don't say it's a fake so as far anyone knows, it's just a super deal.

The logo on all of them is not complete, like the one TS posted. That makes it a knock off and not a counterfeit, possibly.

Knock offs are legal, counterfeits are not.

Buying is usually okay. It's the supply that's usually illegal. I have also heard China takes ownership of copyrights in their country. I do know this is how they deal with music. They can sell music as though they have the copyrights. I'm not sure of something like a guitar.

I wouldn't buy a fake and don't want to encourage it (why I didn't post any links) I just think if you know it's fake and like it, buy it cheap and enjoy. If you try selling it as the real deal and get caught, then you may have some legalities to deal with.
Last edited by D_M_I at Aug 12, 2013,