So I've read all over that if you run a tubescreamer thru a Dual rectifier that it will greatly benefit your tone. That's great and all but how exactly do you run it according to the amp? Just straight in thru the front? Or thru the effects loop so it affects the pre-amp? I have absolutely no experience with this kind of thing so any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated.
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier HD Multi-Watt
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100MLB
1960 A&B cabs
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Schecter C1+ (modded)
LTD EC-1000vb
Blueridge 160 CE
BOSS | TU-3 | DD-7
Line 6 G-50 wireless
Up front as clean boost. Meaning level maxed and gain off. Tubescreamer also adds a slight midboost and bass cut. Result is more gain and tighter sound. Actually you may want to turn the gain on the amp down a bit to prevent too much distortion and keep things clean.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Quote by MaaZeus
Up front as clean boost. Meaning level maxed and gain off. Tubescreamer also adds a slight midboost and bass cut. Result is more gain and tighter sound. Actually you may want to turn the gain on the amp down a bit to prevent too much distortion and keep things clean.

+1
Quote by MaaZeus

Neat! Now do I need to find an older model? Or a modded ts? Or will one of the newer guys be fine?
1960 A&B cabs
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Schecter C1+ (modded)
LTD EC-1000vb
Blueridge 160 CE
BOSS | TU-3 | DD-7
Line 6 G-50 wireless
Quote by MightySumo
Neat! Now do I need to find an older model? Or a modded ts? Or will one of the newer guys be fine?

New one will be fine. The TS9 will cut some bass as well to help tighten the sound. There are many "boosts" available other than the tube screamer. I would try to find a used one to save a few bucks.

Tone to taste, volume all the way up and drive near zero or 1-2.

It hits the front of the amp harder- turning the volume on 10 actually increases the point to point voltage that hits the first gain stage past what your pick-up could ever do. It will drive your first gain stage to distort or distort further.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Quote by R45VT
New one will be fine. The TS9 will cut some bass as well to help tighten the sound. There are many "boosts" available other than the tube screamer. I would try to find a used one to save a few bucks.

Tone to taste, volume all the way up and drive near zero or 1-2.

It hits the front of the amp harder- turning the volume on 10 actually increases the point to point voltage that hits the first gain stage past what your pick-up could ever do. It will drive your first gain stage to distort or distort further.

Very cool, I can actually grab a new ts9 from my local shop for 80 bucks so I may just have to go grab it right now!
1960 A&B cabs
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Schecter C1+ (modded)
LTD EC-1000vb
Blueridge 160 CE
BOSS | TU-3 | DD-7
Line 6 G-50 wireless
Quote by MightySumo
Very cool, I can actually grab a new ts9 from my local shop for 80 bucks so I may just have to go grab it right now!

If I were you I'd grab a Digitech Bad Monkey instead. It is a tubescreamer clone, same sound and all but also comes with actual EQ instead of tone knob. And its cheaper! Tubescreamer is one of the most clones pedals out there and they all do the same with some tweaks here and there. Joyo Vintage Overdrive (faithful copy), Bad Monkey (expanded EQ), Boss SD-1... (asymmetrical clipping in gain)

I see no point in wasting money on botique tubescreamers like original Ibanez and Maxon equivalent unless you really want one for name only.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Built my own for half of the cost of a new one, like previously stated there are a million clones, and several sites that will sell kits if youre into that kinda thing.