Page 1 of 7
In the news there's recently been a lot of stuff about the sovereignty of the Falklands, Scotland and Gibraltar, and I was wondering how people from international backgrounds see Britain.

Gibraltar and the Falklands want to be British, but are being pressured into belonging to Spain and Argentina respectively, with EU and the US and the Catholic church trying to return them to these two countries, when the citizens are happy being British.

Meanwhile some people in Scotland awant to be indepdendent, some don't care, and others are staunchly opposed.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/aug/12/gibraltar-britain-legal-action-spain

Either way, how do you people see Britain? As a raging Imperalist? Nation of chavs? The USA's bumboys? Tea-drinking monarchists? I would be interested to hear.
British = English = stuck up multi cultural posh chav geordies with a passion for fashionable status and accessories, and actually being good at it.

This is how the world sees the UK.

I mean, people always mention Scots, Welsh, Irish and Brits seperately, while by law, only the Irish are a different nationality.

All the more reason to disband the Union and for Scotland and Wales to independance their way to fame.
Last edited by Lord_Doku at Aug 12, 2013,
Like the USA but where you can walk down the street without getting shot

EDIT: That is a genuine quote from my Finnish friend, by the way
Last edited by sam b at Aug 12, 2013,
I see three social classes: the Royal Family, middle-class families who have some posh accent, and Jeremy Kyle guests.

I've grown to not hate England as much as I used to. Although I'm kind of opposed to the monarchy.
Britain is cool. Great music and they know how to eat breakfast.
From what I've heard, the Scots hate the English, the English hate the Scots, the Irish hate everybody including themselves, but the one thing they can agree on is that everybody else is inferior.

Including the Welsh, and especially France and Germany.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Aug 12, 2013,
Nice place to visit, generally pretty good people, wouldn't want to live there.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Spain and Argentina should just stop being bad losers already.

Gibraltar happened centuries ago and was a legit acquisition, while Falklands would just be a worthless specks of land if it weren't for the nearby oil deposits and fishing rights.

I wonder if they're going to levy that dodgy charge on the spanish workers who travel into Gibraltar...

Quote by CoreysMonster

People have softened up to the germans. They make some nice reliable cars, washing machines and tvs.

The french are still wankers, unless it's southern french, then they're charming.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by CoreysMonster
From what I've heard, the Scots hate the English, the English hate the Scots, the Irish hate everybody including themselves, but the one thing they can agree on is that every body else is inferior.

Some of the Irish like the English, but the other 3/4s hate us and aren't in our country any more.

The Welsh shag sheep.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Instead we throw cream pies at each other. Then apologise profusely, yet somehow still manage to sound sarcastic.

You watch too much Family Guy
Americans think Brits are ugly royalist weaklings, as per every Family Guy cutaway gag involving a Brit.
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Britain is a total lock down Monarchist nation in Sharia's Law with no freedom where you have to pay for TV licenses and everyone is too poor to afford air conditioning

I pity those third worlders
Quote by sam b

I imagine it's like the USA, except chavs yell at you and possibly stab you.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

Quote by naedauuf
I imagine it's like the USA, except chavs yell at you and possibly stab you.

lol, chavs are fggts, generally. they'll shout at you and if you respond they'll retreat whilst shouting "yh, keep walking dick'ed."
Gloomy, pale white people walking around with shit teeth and accents looking down on other countries when really we're all just as shit as one another.
Quote by sam b

Not even close. An American has a thousand times greater chance of being run over by a taxi in the UK than any Brit has of being shot in the US.

Except for Piers Morgan. We'd like to shoot him and run him over with a taxi.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Last edited by Jackal58 at Aug 12, 2013,
Quote by blake1221
Gloomy, pale white people walking around with shit teeth and accents looking down on other countries when really we're all just as shit as one another.

Better teeth than you lot so whateves like innit.
Quote by Trowzaa
lol, chavs are fggts, generally. they'll shout at you and if you respond they'll retreat whilst shouting "yh, keep walking dick'ed."

The way they're portrayed on the internet by Brits makes them seem way more violent. We have yelling children here too (Canada), and they do the same thing if you yell back. Why do Brits talk about them so much?
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

Quote by Trowzaa

Sounds like people from Jersey in the US.
Chavs are so annoying but a lot of them grow up and out of it over time and the ones who don't end up on Jeremy Kyle.
I assume no one can have a conversation because they're constantly just complaining about the weather

Quote by CoreysMonster

Fun fact: They're actually from New York
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
It was pretty nice today.

Reasonable temperature, sun was out, nice breeze to take the edge of the warmth.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by CoreysMonster

Except less tanned, far less muscle mass because they can't afford going to the gym, yet they look ripper because they can't afford food with any fat in it with their benefits. In addition, instead of being called J-woww and Fo'shizzle and Moniqwa, they end up being called Chantelle, or Porsche, or Bugatti Veyron.
Quote by theguitarist
It was pretty nice today.

Reasonable temperature, sun was out, nice breeze to take the edge of the warmth.

Did you happen to catch any of the meteor shower last night old chum? Unfortunately for me it was clouded over but my friend was on a beach in Norfolk and said it was quite wonderful.
Quote by WCPhils

Fun fact: They're actually from New York

lol that

It must suck to be from New Jersey and everyone thinks that your state is like the people on Jersey Shore when they're from Staten Island New York
Quote by darkcheef
lol that

It must suck to be from New Jersey and everyone thinks that your state is like the people on Jersey Shore when they're from Staten Island New York

They would have made Jersey Shore with people that were actually from New Jersey but they couldn't find any that could read.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by willT08
Did you happen to catch any of the meteor shower last night old chum? Unfortunately for me it was clouded over but my friend was on a beach in Norfolk and said it was quite wonderful.

I was drunk all last night.

Apparently it's happening tonight though and my area is pretty good for a night sky, well for a city area. Might see it on the way home from the club.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
i like their tv shows, that's all i know really
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Basically Northeast US minus NYC with some better accents (and some much worse). Except if you say anything inflammatory without being an important person you run the risk of getting arrested.

How does such a geographically tiny place have so many different accents? England alone has a ton.
oh squiggledandy I forgot to catch the meteor shower because I was too busy being indulged in my tea and crumpets. Would any of you chums know if I'll be able to get a glimpse of it in the night sky of Chestwestfieldexshire?
Quote by theguitarist
I was drunk all last night.

Apparently it's happening tonight though and my area is pretty good for a night sky, well for a city area. Might see it on the way home from the club.

Good ol' boy. I would have been at the Pub quiz last night and got trollied but I had to travel to Coventry today for an exam. Definitely keep an eye out for it.

So what are all you colonies blabbering about now?
Austin Powers is my model for British people. You guys seem funny.
"Dude, am I really thinking or am I, just like, thinking that I'm thinking?" -Bill Nye

CHIMPS>WOLVES

Quote by progdude93
I don't believe the Big Bang