So how good of a job is working at guitar center as a salesperson, instructor, ect.
I technically work for Guitar Center. However I work at one of the companies they own called Music & Arts which focuses more on band instruments and lessons.

If you don't mind working on commission, and maybe pushing products you don't really like because you have to, it seems like it would be okay. Employee discount I hear is the best incentive. Something like 40% off some stuff.
I did for about a year. It's not bad. What iwannabesedated said is pretty much true.

I bought my Gibson and my Peavey amp while i was there. Gibson was 50% off, and the Peavey was about 35% off.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
i work at Mcdonalds and play the guitar in the intercom when ever possible. I even sing customers a justin bieber song before they order at the drive thru. Does this count?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by k.lainad
Does this count?

As what? Being ridiculous?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I read that guitar center employees are taking it up the ass because they work on commission but people only come in to try out a guitar before they go home and order it online. Guitar center itself is doing quite well because they own Musician's Friend, but their commission only employees are often left with sub-minimum pay.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by VanTheKraut
I read that guitar center employees are taking it up the ass because they work on commission but people only come in to try out a guitar before they go home and order it online. Guitar center itself is doing quite well because they own Musician's Friend, but their commission only employees are often left with sub-minimum pay.

I worked at the one in OP. The more experienced commission-based guys that I worked with made bank. One dude bought an Audi. Though there were some that struggled.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
if your a good salesperson it has the potential to be great however, if your the usual case you just want to work with guitars in which case the money is not there and the company will end up making a lot of money off of you doing shitty work for minimum wage.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional, Honey Burst
Alvarez Cedar Top
Fender Twin Reverb
CAE dual-fasel wah
EMMA DiscumBOBulator
T-Rex Yellow Drive
TC Spark
Mooer Phaser
TC Flashback X4
Quote by k.lainad
Does this count?

Does it get you laid or tipped, maybe even both ?