I'm trying to start a revolving music competition, where every month or so contestants record a song based on a different challenge (like a different time signature, mode, or whatever). Like most online challenges of this nature, the idea is to think outside your normal music boundaries and maybe be inspired by what others did with the idea as well. As an added bonus, at the end of the submission period the entries will be voted on by the contestants and the winner will select the rules for the next challenge. Participation willing, we can keep this going and maybe come up with some cool stuff!

The "official" rules are on my blog, http://thedeviltunedthisguitar.blogspot.com/2013/08/the-revolving-songwriting-challenge.html , as well as the first challenge I posed, to compose a song in Low C tuning (CGDGAD). Check it out and see if this is something worth trying!
The devil tuned this guitar, that's why it sounds like hell.

Check out my blog at TheDevilTunedThisGuitar.BlogSpot.com
I feel like this is just a plug for your blog. Also, your challenge excludes anyone who wants to write for piano, or any instrument that isn't guitar.
Strauss!
"I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way." - Gustav Mahler.

Quote by AeolianWolf
absolutely what will said

Yay, my first compliment!
Quote by will42
I feel like this is just a plug for your blog. Also, your challenge excludes anyone who wants to write for piano, or any instrument that isn't guitar.

Seeing as this is posted on Ultimate GUITAR, it is somewhat fitting that the challenge is for guitar, though I believe I specified other instrumentation are fine accompanying the guitar... And the blog is a common ground, as my life is not exclusivly on this forum. Any other issues? I was really just hoping to start something cool, but have at it, it won't be the first time the Internet has failed to amaze...
The devil tuned this guitar, that's why it sounds like hell.

Check out my blog at TheDevilTunedThisGuitar.BlogSpot.com