hello, i am wondering if anyone has had any experience with cheaper jazzmaster style guitars. i really want one, a traditional style with the p90s and traditional trem system but most i see are expensive fenders. i have seen a few squier versions which look good and some make called hodson.

any help/experience would be great and as i have not played one i wouldnt mind someone saying what they thought about them.

cheers
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I can vouch for the VM squiers, the bridge is a bit labour intensive but thats just the design, and they're not p90s, the pickups have much more twang to them due to the winding of them, check out offsetguitars forum for more detail about this sort of thing
what's the difference between a drug dealer and a prostitute?

a drug dealer can't wash his crack and sell it again
The Reverend Jetstreams*- probably the closest to a Jazzmaster as they make- start around $800.

They might be in his price range used, though.

* the out of production 290 may be cheaper.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Aug 14, 2013,
Quote by JustRooster
Tribute G&L ASAT Special. Any other answer is gay.

Gay guitars were pretty good, but they're not exactly Jazzmasters.

Truly, the Gayest ever.