Alright, as the title says I am looking for a new set of pickups for my Kramer Telecaster. My current amp is an Acoustic brand G20 practice amp but I am planning on upgrading to a Marshall JCM2000 DSL40C soon. I play mostly Punk and classic rock, and I also don't have a budget. Also,I would like to retainsome of the twang tele's are known for, if that's not to difficult.
My Name is Cameron.
Quote by Cathbard
For me, bedroom levels is a cranked plexi half stack.

Now get off my ****ing lawn.

I run Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounders in my tele. The bridge one is a ball tearer but the neck one is pretty meh. Not really a lot of twang to it but for what you are playing a QP bridge pup is what you want imo.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
I run Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounders in my tele. The bridge one is a ball tearer but the neck one is pretty meh. Not really a lot of twang to it but for what you are playing a QP bridge pup is what you want imo.

Sweet. Sounds good, Cath. Got any suggestion for a neck pup, seeing as the QP's neck is meh?
My Name is Cameron.
Quote by Cathbard
For me, bedroom levels is a cranked plexi half stack.

Now get off my ****ing lawn.

Not really, I don't actually use the neck pup (it's my slide guitar) so I haven't really gone looking for a better one. I intend to stick a SD hot rails in there one day but I don't know how well it will work either.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
GFS pickup if you're on the cheap, I love my Vintage '52 in the neck.
If you wanna get an idea of how it sounds, check out this demo. The sound is pretty much that.

EMG T/TC/TX/TCX if you like actives. I like them, though you loose a bit of the twang.
On their website there are demos of every single one of them.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Maineguitarist
Alright, as the title says I am looking for a new set of pickups for my Kramer Telecaster. My current amp is an Acoustic brand G20 practice amp but I am planning on upgrading to a Marshall JCM2000 DSL40C soon. I play mostly Punk and classic rock, and I also don't have a budget. Also,I would like to retainsome of the twang tele's are known for, if that's not to difficult.

Got the hot rails twang maintained really nice dynamics if your for punk and classic rock get them you wont be disappointed. I have mine wired series, parallel, and out of phase for 20 or so sound options (why not). You wont be disappointed in the neck pickup its the best (single coil size) nice and deep. I personally might switch the bridge as its louder then the neck and its to hot for me but keep the neck the same.
I terms of output the hot rails is close enough to match well with a quarter pounder according to Seymour Duncan (I haven't tried it myself). That's why I am thinking of running one in the neck.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I will and forever reccomemd Lollar pickups...go to their site and check out the pickups they custom make for different style guitars ...I have the imperial windless pickups for my epiphone ES-330 PRO with the custom wiring kit...it's about a 225.00 upgrade all together , but my epiphone sounds better than the Gibson 335 I have