So I just finished building a fuzz face based on the original Dallas Arbiter circuit (Used this: http://www.pigeonfx.com/layoutff.html) but it has a problem. When it is in bypass it appears to send signal through as it should, but when I turn it on there is a significant volume drop and no fuzz effect is applied. Also, when the fuzz knob is at full it will make horrendous noise if I play hard. Anyone have any clue what my problem could be? I checked all the wires and they were all in the right places. Any help on this would be much appreciated! Thanks!
Last edited by DrewMeyer at Aug 13, 2013,
Quote by Invader Jim
The lytics should be clearly marked with a black band on the negative lead.

That's it, thanks! Glad I got that figured out, then. But unfortunately that's not my problem, as I had them right anyways. Any other help?
Quote by Invader Jim
Are your transistors wired up with the correct pinout? There's a Base, Emitter, and Collector. You can't just wire them up any old way.

The emitter is the one closest to the small tab on a BC108, right?
Quote by Invader Jim
Yes, then the base is the middle pin.

Sounds like the transistors are not properly biased. Check the pin voltages.

How can I check the voltages and adjust the bias? I swapped both transistors out with new ones but ended up with the same result as before so could all my transistors be improperly biased?