Looking for 30 wattish tube combo. Everything I have found has too many knobs. I'm lookin for minimalistic options. Give me volume bass treble done. Orange tiny terror is all I can find that is catching my eye but really prefer a combo amp rather than a compact head and a cab.

Any help appreciated.
say whaaaaaa did you just describe a DR. Z? whats your price range?!?! problem is dr. Z generally start at 800-1000, average is about 1200-1400

for example:
http://www.drzamps.com/amp/carmen_ghia/
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Quote by ikey_
say whaaaaaa did you just describe a DR. Z? whats your price range?!?! problem is dr. Z generally start at 800-1000, average is about 1200-1400

for example:

Definitely my first thought. So +t.

But he hasn't even given so us much to go on. Blues? Country? Rock? Marshall? Fender?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I play in a doomy metal band but I also play in a new order eighties post punk type deal. Would prefer a warm clean channel. Tone is more important in the pop band. Can over drive it to hell and back and throw a bass synth in it for the metal band. Budget probably 1000ish. Prefer a 2x12 so I can gig with it and mic it when needed. I have been borrowing a friends egnater and love the sound but just too many knobs. I play with a bastard fender that has a pearly gates neck pick up that I wired set up with a kill switch and a tone knob. I really hate fussing with knobs thanks for all the suggestions so far.
Just learn to use the bloody knobs.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
unfortunately, most high gsin amps have more knobs than low gains ones....

except orange. orange may be the only brutalz amps that have 3-5 ish knobs.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
two options:

1 learn how to use knobs (they just turn), and maybe spend an hour research.
2 be an idiot and look for a high gain amp that really doesn't exist and be a stubborn ass.

the only things you can get with two knobs beside the dr.z which is polar opposite where you want, and 18 watt marshall or 5F1 fender champ, and an orange dual terror (i really like mine, but its not probably enough gain, and there is no headroom.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
What knobs are confusing you?

Most amps just have several channels with the Treble, Middle, Bass config. Then they might have one presence or one reverb and a gain knob.

It's very, very linear.

I could give you a 2x12 with one knob though. You'd like that.

http://www.musiciansbuy.com/Vox-AC30BM-AC30BM.html

Honestly though, tell us what knobs are confusing you and we can help you out. If you can do the treble, middle and bass, you can do the other knobs too.
Quote by greeny23
i shake the walls of my bedroom. with mah dick.
Quote by Eppicurt
Quote by NakedInTheRain
hey, be nice to the hipster.
I hear they use false bypass switches.

It's, like, so ironic.
Sounds like TS is a knob

Just learn how to use the amp, to many knobs is never a problem
What knobs are confusing you?

Honestly though, tell us what knobs are confusing you and we can help you out. If you can do the treble, middle and bass, you can do the other knobs too.

if you turn a knob, your not going to hurt anything. if you can't adjust a volume gain (distortion) treble middle bass, i don't even know how you can play a guitar.

search youtube. i am sure there is a 1000 videos about EQing maybe even for your exact amp.

search google for the manual (not hard to do) and find it, most manuals have a couple of suggested tone. usually they suck, but at least that could help.

just don't pay for one, there are plenty of resources that are free i have never had to pay one.

edit sorry I clarified it a little bit
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Last edited by trashedlostfdup at Aug 14, 2013,
A Google search really would help you in the long run, but I use a Dual Terror with a 1x12 and that has enough to get a good sound (better with a pedal or two though).
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by Banjocal
A Google search really would help you in the long run, but I use a Dual Terror with a 1x12 and that has enough to get a good sound (better with a pedal or two though).

i was going to mention the dual terror, i love mine. no clean cleans though, no matter what you do, but a nice bluesy/blues rock it does quite well. fat channel will get you some decent gain, turn it up and boost it and you would never ever need more gain really. (should add i am running all JJ's)

why do you necessarily want a combo? i don't even buy combos really. unless rare or vintage. heads can be moved around for a different cab for a different amp and you can have extra heads for fewer cabs, you would just have to hook the other up.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Yeah, it's not great for super cleans but it is 30 watts I use it for drone and stuff and it does it perfectly. Feedback galore. Though I'd kill for a Matamp.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Ha. Aw man didn't expect all this. The knobs aren't confusing I know what I'm doing I would just love to not ever worry about them or even give me the option. Just wanted to see what was out there that I wasnt aware of.
in fact, a higher gain amp definitely needs a good mids control, as thats fairly key in getting scooped or non scooped high gain tones. amps like Dr. Z are inherently kinda middy i suppose, or the amps are not designed around a high gain voicing.

prescence knobs, channle volume, master volume, all VERY important. even if you get a 30 watt non master volume amp, its gonna be crazy loud and have no gain and much usable volume without getting the cops called. and without a great EQ its going to sound bad.

the high gain amps have those knobs for a reason. its the difference between fizzy mess and great toanz. amps like Dr. Z are literally hard wired for blues and country, and they do blues and country with just about any setting. different world.

just about the most simple amps that i know of that can push metalish gain AND sound good, are Orange amps. and even then they are not very versatile, definitely have their own "Orange" tone.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
I don't even know what kind of music TS likes. Edit the original post or something.

5E3.

"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
A Bassman?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ikey_

for example:

you made me look into them, now i want one soooo bad, too bad i don't have nearly the money for one they just look and sound like pure bad ass basic blues machines
Quote by terrapinturtle
you made me look into them, now i want one soooo bad, too bad i don't have nearly the money for one they just look and sound like pure bad ass basic blues machines

brad paisley (country artist) exclusively uses Dr. Z's, and is as pretty solid guitarist. as well as modern country is.

it seems that 99% of country artists have somebody else doing the lead and they occasionally strum their acoustic.

only exception is beyond brad paisley, keith urban and hunter hayes
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
brad paisley (country artist) exclusively uses Dr. Z's, and is as pretty solid guitarist. as well as modern country is.

it seems that 99% of country artists have somebody else doing the lead and they occasionally strum their acoustic.

only exception is beyond brad paisley, keith urban and hunter hayes

im not very into country but i get what your saying, i like playing a lot of blues/rock/art rock kinda stuff and some funk so i think this would be a great basic amp (im kinda a minimalist)
Quote by terrapinturtle
im not very into country but i get what your saying, i like playing a lot of blues/rock/art rock kinda stuff and some funk so i think this would be a great basic amp (im kinda a minimalist)

I really only play blues a little bit of everything, but mainly rock/blues. I also play melo death and different maybe prog death. I hate describing genres its rather a limited description

my wife is the country fan. Although it isn't all that bad.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
I really only play blues a little bit of everything, but mainly rock/blues. I also play melo death and different maybe prog death. I hate describing genres its rather a limited description

my wife is the country fan. Although it isn't all that bad.

i know what you mean, there's only so much you can describe with a genre, most of my freinds listen to country so i often hear it in the car and when hanging out, its pretty good just not my preferred listening
Quote by terrapinturtle
i know what you mean, there's only so much you can describe with a genre, most of my freinds listen to country so i often hear it in the car and when hanging out, its pretty good just not my preferred listening

exactly that. my wife and most of my family love it, IMO its getting better as time passes and new artists come up.

any luck on an amp yet?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
any luck on an amp yet?

TS has not been back to this thread in over 2 days

random task - if you liked your friends Egnater then just get one of those. They are decent amps. Honestly, once you dial in 'your' tone you won't be messing with knobs too much.

Some other amps in your price that I would look at would be the 5153 mini and the JSX. Used. Where do you live? Roughly?
Quote by trashedlostfdup
exactly that. my wife and most of my family love it, IMO its getting better as time passes and new artists come up.

any luck on an amp yet?

even though its just like background noise in a car or something when i hear it i still manage to remember all the lyrics to all the ones i hear so there must be something magically good about it!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
^ please try to stay on topic. This is not your thread.

TS - Again, I highly suggest something like the Egnater Renegade.

My apologies :cheers;

the renegade is a solid amp, versatile, i loved it for a year and i grew away from. I always probably piss somebody, but some of the features don't do as much as advertise.

Its tube mix feature doesn't make you amp a dsl on one end a fender twin.

I owned it for a year.

I actually like the rebel 30 better overall,

Go play one, don't just listen to me
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
I don't remember the tube mix feature being a big thing. What I did like was the completely separate channels and the footswitch. To be able to set one channel up on 85 watts with 6L6 tubes and reverb and then set the other channel up on 18 watts and EL34s - it felt like I had a Twin and a Marshall under my belt

TS - what was the Egnater you played?
Messed around with an egnater tweaker head for a bit over the weekend really digging it. Feel like the combo idea was a spur of the moment and might just get a new head and cab. Going up to nw phila this weekend to check out some Laney's which I've never had the pleasure of playing through.
Quote by random task
Messed around with an egnater tweaker head for a bit over the weekend really digging it. Feel like the combo idea was a spur of the moment and might just get a new head and cab. Going up to nw phila this weekend to check out some Laney's which I've never had the pleasure of playing through.

Which models did you play?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!